Hacking Gateway 2.0 Beta Firmware RELEASED!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, that's me done :).

Updated and running 6.3 emunand.

Although just my luck, thought it had not worked, black screen first run. Second run was fine and booted emunand no problem :).

Can we back up the sd card and keep the emunand? So for example backup and then if sd card fails just copy the backup, rather than having to make emunand again.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
2) Make sure you have backed up any other files you may need from your Nintendo 3DS SD card or use a fresh new SD card to run the Format emuNAND step in the Gateway menu. Once this is done (approximately 5 minutes) and for as long as you use the specific SD card, GW will boot from the specially partitioned SD card and show the "GW3D" label in the system version number in the System Settings application.
Can someone clarify this? Does this mean the 3DS SD card is formatted in a special way and the saves cannot be saved on it?

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Hm, updated emuNAND in seconds but when I restarted and booted in gateway mode it just displays both striped screens. Seems to be taking ages. Restarted once, did not help.
3 resets and it worked.

Ennea

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can someone clarify this? Does this mean the 3DS SD card is formatted in a special way and the saves cannot be saved on it?

When choosing the "Format EmuNAND" option, your 3DS SD card is reformatted. It'll end up housing the emulated NAND, taking 1 GB of space, and another partition that will work like it did previously. Files can't be kept in the process, though, so you need to make a backup.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Gateway has already said that the 2titles will work later.
So probably this two Pokemon and Animal Crossing.

brunno159

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
F***, it's taking ages to copy the nand dump to my pc ( I mean 12 min seems a long wait when you want to test something) ROFL!

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When choosing the "Format EmuNAND" option, your 3DS SD card is reformatted. It'll end up housing the emulated NAND, taking 1 GB of space, and another partition that will work like it did previously. Files can't be kept in the process, though, so you need to make a backup.
Oh, so it'll be partitioned? So I can keep using the same SD card (granted that I have enough space)? That's good to hear.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I emailed gateway team about my issues with the flash cart and they told me that I have to go to the vendor. But the vendor is sending me other people's broken stuff.

So for now I'm trying to flash the v 2.0 test rom and see if that will fix it. If it does I'll post the result.. if not I'll probably disappear because now I know what was wrong and nobody is able to really help with this issue.

I think I should have just waited and bought from RHS because they are a better site than dwtechz. Ok flash is done here I go again...

Ennea

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh, so it'll be partitioned? So I can keep using the same SD card (granted that I have enough space)? That's good to hear.

The SD card that came with my 3DS is 2 GB in size, I'm guessing that applies to all units. That's more than enough space for the EmuNAND and savegames.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked