dmonkey21

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I just picked up my new wii from gamestop, a copy of SSBB, and I figured I'd buy a copy of Twilight Princess to get HBC on it.

Get This:

Twilight Princess USED was $45, new was $50!

WTF?! I know it seems kind of far fetched that a company like gamestop would raise the prices of a game because of people using it to install homebrew, but they had over 10 used copies in the store, which was more than any other game, and I wouldn't be surprised if people have been returning the game after getting HBC. I didn't have $45 extra dollars on me, so I ended up renting LoZ:TP at blockbuster XD.

Just wondering if it's this way for you guys, because I have heard some people buy TP for like $20. $45 is ridiculous for a game from 2006, and I can't think of any other reason for the price hike. De Blob was $35 Used, and it's only months old lol.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
If anything they just see the market demand for it in sales. It's possible they're gouging because of homebrew but who knows.

Also stop buying things from Gamestop they have retarded business practices like Twilight Princess for $45-50. You should not support them.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dmonkey21 said:
Ok, so I just picked up my new wii from gamestop, a copy of SSBB, and I figured I'd buy a copy of Twilight Princess to get HBC on it.

Get This:

WTF?! I know it seems kind of far fetched that a company like gamestop would raise the prices of a game because of people using it to install homebrew, but they had over 10 used copies in the store, which was more than any other game, and I wouldn't be surprised if people have been returning the game after getting HBC. I didn't have $45 extra dollars on me, so I ended up renting LoZ:TP at blockbuster XD.

Just wondering if it's this way for you guys, because I have heard some people buy TP for like $20. $45 is ridiculous for a game from 2006, and I can't think of any other reason for the price hike. De Blob was $35 Used, and it's only months old lol.

Nope, Here in Florida Twilight is 45 used 50 new, same with Kart and Brawl, You also have to realize any game made by "Nintendo" is automatically more expense, even now Double Dash and Melee are 35 bucks used, So I dont think it has to do with HBC just Gamestop trying to hike prices and rip you off.

Maybe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Everyone should know by now that Game Crazy is way better than Game Stop.
TP is one of the most popular games on the wii of course it will be expensive.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, I've actually talked to the manager about stuff like this. Anything with a Nintendo mascot on it, even Super Princess Peach, gets you more credit than pretty much anything else would. Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, Pikachu - They all are always high on people's want lists so they know better than to lower the price.

fme008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dmonkey21 said:

Get This:

are you just using TP for HBC? why not just rent TP instead of buying it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?