Gamestop irritates me

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
The most I've been asked at Game (UK video game store) is would I like an accidental warranty... thing. They don't bug you or anything, and there's this nice lady who tells you of some cool offers, which I don't mind since they're normally quite good offers.

Yay England
yaynds.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH the regular American Gamestop guy is some nerd who is completely uninterested and non-responsive to anything you ask him unless it relates to World of Warcraft/other nerdy game. Although the guy I saw on Tuesday when I was gonna pick up The Conduit was nice and told me that Tuesday was the ship and not the street date. Otherwise, they lack a friendly face.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
thank god the economical crisis is active. i can't wait for the total end of gamestore.
i would be glad to..i think i gonna look some vandalism at gamestop videos and laugh very hard
biggrin.gif

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I worked for a while at Target. Great place to work, but if you're a normal cashier, you need to sell these target visa cards. Sure you can get 10% off everything for a day (or more depending on if you use it), but it's got 35% interest on it. I died a little every time I got someone to sign up.

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
IchigoSJ said:
I gust went in today and they had this buy 2 used get 1 free and it said that the free one had to be equal or lesser value I walk in and go to buy 3 games and they tell me that the cheapest one is free and the one that is 50 dollars will have to be paid the cheapest being 20 dollars and the other one being 35 so even though there making more than 100% profit off used games they still want to rip me off cheap bastards
mad.gif
rofl2.gif
gamestop epic lulz

Uhhmm. That isn't a Rip-Off. Every store does that. It's a standard.

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smatchmo said:
Gamestop sucks.

I went in to buy a used PSP about a year ago and I asked the employee if he knew about the firmware level (or w/e) on 'em.
"What, for hacking?"
I lied and said I didn't have net access and was just curious if I'd have to update the fw, and the fucker just shook his head and walked away from me.

I haven't gone back since. Treating me like I'm some sort of damn dirty criminal....
They let me turn it on and stuff when I bought a refurb. I just looked at the FW very quickly
smileipb2.png

But the best way is to look at the serial number, but that was in the Pandora days. Now no one cares because of chickHEN

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gosp said:
I worked for a while at Target. Great place to work, but if you're a normal cashier, you need to sell these target visa cards. Sure you can get 10% off everything for a day (or more depending on if you use it), but it's got 35% interest on it. I died a little every time I got someone to sign up.

I wouldn't feel that bad, any sensible person will abuse the system by using the card and paying it off strait away.

Fatboy12345236

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah always happens in store happens less online unless ur in a live chat its not like u could do the leave a message 24 hours layyer no thing would'nt work

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rayder said:
So, they ARE still pulling that $5 more than everywhere else crap for new games eh? Pathetic.
dry.gif

At what point would stuff like that be considered price gouging? That IS supposed to be illegal....
Maybe in the USA, but games cost the same price everywhere here in Canada, however we get fucked royally if you want any kind of game cards for WoW, Wii/DSi and Xbox points cards are all a fucking ripoff. We are paying over 40 dollars after taxes for WoW cards, 24.99 plus tax for a Nintendo Shop card when it's a 20 dollar product in the USA, you can't say we aren't getting screwed because we are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: And that game stick i'm tired of mentioning