Homebrew Gameshark on VC... possible?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,577
  • Replies 29
D

Deleted User

OP
VC is emulator, right? so there should be the right place to post it, right?
ok so I was playing pokemon blue and thought to myself- is there any option to make a gb/c gameshark rom with a gb/c game inside it? and then install it as VC CIA, like normal VC?
I'm not really interested in gateways' gateshark, but if theres a simple option for it, I would like to hear....

Thee_BaBs

I do things, sometimes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it as the VC emulator would have to be modified. You could probably find some method of converting game shark cheats to gateshark though.

D

Deleted User

OP
I doubt it as the VC emulator would have to be modified. You could probably find some method of converting game shark cheats to gateshark though.
I also think that the VC itself dont need to be modified... but then I need somehow to inject a GB/C game into gameshark rom and then inject the whole thing into VC and install

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The closest way to do this is to use gameshark on a PC then transfer the save to the VC game.

But shame on you cheaters, gameshark and save edits are things that should not exist at all. >:(

Thee_BaBs

I do things, sometimes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also think that the VC itself dont need to be modified... but then I need somehow to inject a GB/C game into gameshark rom and then inject the whole thing into VC and install
I guess I misread your question. You can dump your VC save, load it in a PC emulator, use gameshark cheats and reinject the save.

Thee_BaBs

I do things, sometimes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imagine an ntr plugin could be feasible, I think it would just be a manner of finding the correct offsets.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You have a couple of options here:
1. (not possible with GBA games)
Use NTR to write your own cheat codes. You'll basically only have to find the address of one value and calculate the difference between the value you have found and the address the GameShark code would write to. After you have that difference, you can simply convert the Gameshark codes to NTR codes. I've done this numerous times already and it's really the best method to use GameShark codes in VC games
2. Patching the codes directly into the ROMs. To do this, you'd have to decrypt the cia of the game and extract the ROM from it. Then you can use tools like GBAATM to patch CodeBreaker and GameShark v3 codes into the ROM itself. There's also a tool like this for NES, SNES and GB(C) games called CCCGP. This comes with a lot of limitations though. GBAATM only works with RAM write codes, ROM patch codes do not work. The exact opposite goes for CCCGP. With that tool you can only patch GameGenie ROM write codes into the game. I'd like to mention that you CAN patch ROM writing codes into a GBA ROM by simply hex editing the ROM but then the effects of those cheats would be permanent, leaving you with no way to turn these cheats off.

D

Deleted User

OP
I thought the patch files behaves like RAM replacement. Try decompiling a Pokemon blue CIA and look into the .patch files. There's a whole thread talking about the new VC, which have those patches
Please place a link to that thread

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use GameGenieGuy to Patch Genie Codes directly to the Games

Attachments

• GGGuy.jpg
    GGGuy.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 318

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But shame on you cheaters, gameshark and save edits are things that should not exist at all. >:(
I used to agree with this sentence. Then I discovered games that consist of farming all the time and progressing/having fun very scarcely.
So if these games exist, cheats and stuff should. But indeed, cheats and stuff shouldn't exist because these games shouldn't either.

Just a stupid example, Pokemon Picross, a perfect example of a "free to play" game. Either you pay 30€ (for a picross game? seriously?) or you farm... or you cheat.

D

Deleted User

OP
I used to agree with this sentence. Then I discovered games that consist of farming all the time and progressing/having fun very scarcely.
So if these games exist, cheats and stuff should. But indeed, cheats and stuff shouldn't exist because these games shouldn't either.

Just a stupid example, Pokemon Picross, a perfect example of a "free to play" game. Either you pay 30€ (for a picross game? seriously?) or you farm... or you cheat.
...or you rage-quite or you make it into an entrypoint for HB lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The closest way to do this is to use gameshark on a PC then transfer the save to the VC game.

Man I dont play competetive games with cheats, the whole fun in those is enjoying your hard work... but f2p games and games in which you needa farm 30 games for one good run- in those you needa cheats... I dont have spare money fore in app purchases...

Reactions: Hayleia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things