Android Gamesharing on Xperia Play

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there, I have recently bought a Sony Ericsson Xperia Play or simply the PlayStation Phone. This android device runs android and Sony entertainment network compatible, meaning you can download PsOne classics for it using SEN or PSN accounts. Unfortunately titles that you have purchased for ps3 or PSP systems are not available for redownload so you must purchase the games again and they can be redownloaded on PlayStation certified devices in the event you have lost them. Does this Make gamesharing possible? Have any xperia play owners done this?
Thanos :)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Maybe its' because I just woke up and I'm a little slow...but I don't understand what you're trying to do.
Like, what I got from it is that you bought the Xperia Play, it has access to the PSOne classics, you can't redownload games you bought on a PS3/PSP, but you say they should be able to download them because of something in the Terms or whatever? I thought only certain games were "playable" on Sonys PS1 emulator thing? Perhaps that's why...You could always just download a different PS1 emulator and pirate the ISO of the games you bought and wanted to play. Hell, I think someone figured out how to do it on the Xperia plays emulator as well.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can gameshare, there isn't even a custom app store for Playstation Certified games on my Xperia Play (the Verizon version goes through the VCast Market). The only games I've bought that work with the controls were from the Android Market/Play Store, and you can reinstall those on a new phone if you activate it with your Google Account.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember I read that they cracked the PS1 emulator on the Xperia Play, for it to be compatible with any PS1 rom you throw at it.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that much, but there is a playstation store app to buy psone classics with your psn wallet funds.
Like I said, I don't know, the Verizon version doesn't have that. That said, it wouldn't make much sense for them to enable gamesharing on your smartphone because you'll only ever have one. The reason Sony put it on the PS3 was in case if you had multiple PS3s (one in the bedroom, one in the living room, one in your second house, one for your brother).

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that much, but there is a playstation store app to buy psone classics with your psn wallet funds.
Like I said, I don't know, the Verizon version doesn't have that. That said, it wouldn't make much sense for them to enable gamesharing on your smartphone because you'll only ever have one. The reason Sony put it on the PS3 was in case if you had multiple PS3s (one in the bedroom, one in the living room, one in your second house, one for your brother).
Just wanted to ask are you enjoying the phone? As I remember it was stock GB without the blootware custom interface. Is it a smooth experience? I was thinking about getting it or the Incredible 2, and decided to get the Incredible 2 instead since I had the incredible 1 and liked it.

EDIT: And that's exactly why Sony took out gamesharing from the PS3 now. You can only gameshare up to 2 devices, and on the Vita you can't at all.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to ask are you enjoying the phone? As I remember it was stock GB without the blootware custom interface. Is it a smooth experience? I was thinking about getting it or the Incredible 2, and decided to get the Incredible 2 instead since I had the incredible 1 and liked it.

EDIT: And that's exactly why Sony took out gamesharing from the PS3 now. You can only gameshare up to 2 devices, and on the Vita you can't at all.
This phone is incredible. It uses the same "reality" display the bravia tv's do. And the snapdragon proscessor can keep up with the Galaxy SII. The controls are excellent for most games and the touchscreen is very responsive. Next month ICS will begin to be distributed through the PC-Companion and Media Go.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the phone didn't really catch on in the USA, I actually never saw a person using one. Saw one in the store only, and liked the screen as it was 4 inches. But my phone is basically has almost the same specs which is the exact same processor, screen size is also the same, except the HTC Incredible 2 had 768MB of RAM.. Although the Xperia Play does have a larger resolution 480 x 854 pixels, VS 480 x 800, I made an excuse that the resolution would be more better on my phone as most phones have that kind of resolution thus apps will be optimized for this phones resolution, and ROMs from other phones can be ported to mine.

I would like to see what Sony can do with a second version of this phone though. I'm assuming this phone will be getting stock ICS correct? As it already had stock GB.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This phone is incredible. It uses the same "reality" display the bravia tv's do. And the snapdragon proscessor can keep up with the Galaxy SII. The controls are excellent for most games and the touchscreen is very responsive. Next month ICS will begin to be distributed through the PC-Companion and Media Go.
That's not true, it has a sub-par LCD screen with noticeable ghosting. The Xperia Arc and some of Sony's other phones came with the Bravia Engine, which enhances the contrast and color of images to make them look better. While this can be ported to the Xperia Play (I actually have it), it doesn't make up for the ghosting.

The processor absolutely can't hang with the S II, it's just the high-end single core snapdragon from a year ago. While it's adequate, I'm a heavy user and can notice stalls when performing intensive tasks or multitasking like a maniac. That said, it runs good enough.

The controls are good, but the real problem is that there aren't enough quality games that take full advantage of the Xperia Play's controls, and you'll probably end up mostly playing touch screen games. The only saving grace for the controls are for use with emulators, in which case they're freakin' awesome.

As for the touchscreen, it's as you'd expect, nothing extraordinary.

The phone only comes stock Gingerbread if you got the Verizon version, not the AT&T or the global version. The ICS rollout to the phone should begin soon, like you said, and I'm glad Sony is taking upgrading serious after their whole X10 debacle with Android 1.6.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro