Gamescon 2012 Gamelist

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't really have much to say about this, but I'd like to draw your attention to the bottom of the second page of this

Could it be?
Finally?

I guess we'll just have to find out :toot:

source

Managed to find an English Source here

It's also better.

Apparently Valve DID ask for it to be on the list, but a few moments ago requested it to be taken off :huh:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The list says Half Life 3 and Dragon Age 3.

However I think the officials for Gamescon says it's not their responsibility to make sure the list is verified. Also Valve is quite secretive on stuff like this and I doubt they'd just throw their game on the list.

Dragon Age 3, we know it's happening and such so it's not THAT outlandish although it's a bit odd they'd announce it at Gamescon and not at E3 a couple months ago. The EA conference would be prime for it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel stupid asking this, but why is Catherine listed there? Its been out for quite a bit now D :

Also, interested to see what that one item is about >3>~

Um, that's interesting too. Thanks for pointing it out.

I'd speculate it's either a port (PC, Vita, Wii U are in the cards) or a special edition re-release. The game sold quite well for Atlus in America, actually I think it's one of their best selling titles ever in the States, so it's unsurprising to see more of it pop up.

EDIT: There are some silly mistakes on there. Metal Gear Solid Snake Revengeance sounds legit.

Also they list War of the Roses twice. I guess people are really hyped for it.

Also why would Blops: Declassified listed under Sony and not Activision?

Otherwise most of these titles sound like they would fit I guess.

EDIT 2: It's also odd that Valve would bring Half Life 3 but wouldn't show off Dota 2. I guess with CS: GO coming out before the conference (I think?) they wouldn't need to demo it any more but Dota 2 has been their go-to thing for the past few conferences. It's still evolving, highly popular, and they can always demo some of the upcoming heroes they'll have.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AKA "we wanted a surprise reveal but we fucked it up".

I seriously doubt HL3 showing up but DA3 seems to make a bit more sense. It's been a while since DA2 and it looks like most of BioWare's other projects are cooling down (Mass Effect 3 is just on to some story DLC and isn't trying to fix the ending any more, TOR is just going F2P in a while and that's about it, unless you count Generals 2 but that seems rather forgotten already).

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also why would Blops: Declassified listed under Sony and not Activision?
Only possible reason is that Sony are publishing it just like Nintendo published some big named publsihers games but seeing it's CoD I'd doubt that Activision would want a cut in profits unless Sony are the ones funding it.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

AKA "we wanted a surprise reveal but we fucked it up".

I seriously doubt HL3 showing up but DA3 seems to make a bit more sense. It's been a while since DA2 and it looks like most of BioWare's other projects are cooling down (Mass Effect 3 is just on to some story DLC and isn't trying to fix the ending any more, TOR is just going F2P in a while and that's about it, unless you count Generals 2 but that seems rather forgotten already).

Pretty much what I was thinking, although wasn't it last year that Gabe said that HL3 was actually in dev. but was a total nightmare or something?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much what I was thinking, although wasn't it last year that Gabe said that HL3 was actually in dev. but was a total nightmare or something?

HL3 has been in development for years, they're just striving for perfection. Valve doesn't fuck up when it comes to games, especially when it's the most anticipated sequel in gaming history.

Reactions: 1 person

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metal Gear Solid Snake Revengance? I hope we aint getting a remake of Snakes Revenge.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Well, huh. Jagged Alliance online? XCOM Enemy Unknown? UFO online? Isn't UFO and XCOM one and the same? Maybe they're not, seeing as they're listed under different devs/publishers though...

And why are they reviving squad-based tactical games anyway? Not that I mind, I love the genre. Just surprised. I thought it's generally considered a niche genre.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hello