Games you enjoy... privately.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
some of my friends finally realized CoD or pretty much any FPS game aren't that great . it's not creative anymore .

hmm . . . i just blurt out every game i play and don't give a damn what my friends think of me .
Tales of Vesperia, Mirror's Edge, Torchlight . they've heard of none of them , and they think i know no knowledge of games for even playing them .

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i gatta say eroge i dunno why i started but i would be embarrassed telling my friends. in america that is something that is looked down on. there was a kid in a school i went to that was ridiculed for that wish i got to know him. ome day i will look out my window and scream loud and poud "I LOVE EROGE GAMES"

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windaga said:
I don't tend to play my SMT titles around my little sister or mother, but that's really only because my little sister is insanely naive, and my mother is the over the top "you're going to hell if you listen to anything but hymns" type of person. I was playing through Nocturne with my friend when my mother walked in just as I summoned Lilith. Needless to say, she wasn't very amused; especially not when she realized that Lilith is based off of the one said to be Adam's first wife. Was not a good day. She also walked in on us playing Persona 4, right as my friend summoned Lucifer. She went ballistic. (And of course, it was one of the few times the protagonist would cry out the Persona's name - LUCIFER!)

I try not to play around my mother. She didn't exactly approve of me wanting/getting a game that's centered around demons, humans turning into demons, humans working with demons to decide the storyline. Figures the only time she pops in to see it is when I have some of the most ungodly characters on screen at the time. (Of course I'm talking about the Lucifer battle with Lilith and Lilim in my party.)

Weird thing is she had no problem watching naked Doom Babies with swords for hands pop out of Cleopatra's tits in the circle of Lust in Dante's Inferno, or the sequence needed to kill Cleopatra.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I cant get enough of the Ace Attorney games. I'm absolutely hooked to them. They are something I play when im on the road (would have been a perfect spring break for me if Investigations 2 was already translated) or have nothing to do at home or school.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wouldn't rly go around showing off super princess peach, that's for sure
happy.gif

that's the most girlish game i've ever played with, but, hey, the gameplay's kinda good
apart from that, nothing, what i play i like and i'd proudly play yoshi's island instead of cod and wow

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:
Bayonetta. My friends know I play it because of Xbox Live, but they don't really have any idea what it is.

smileipb2.png
isnt it just like Devil May Cry, but with some goth chick with glasses? why would you be ashamed of that?
moogle.gif

The Ey Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used to be private-y about some games, but I realised the games I played secretly weren't really that good, so I stopped playing most of them and now only play games I can freely scream out and stand proud that I play them.
But all my friends are cool with anything, so yeah no biggie
tongue.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bunie said:
myuusmeow said:
Bayonetta. My friends know I play it because of Xbox Live, but they don't really have any idea what it is.

smileipb2.png
isnt it just like Devil May Cry, but with some goth chick with glasses? why would you be ashamed of that?
moogle.gif
Ha. Haha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is the funniest thing I've ever read.

But seriously, it's kind of like Devil May Cry, but there are a few key differences. Mainly... "fan-service."

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just about every game I play is played privately. What I mean is that I don't announce to anyone what games I'm playing and I don't play games online. My brother isn't a gamer, so he doesn't care what I'm playing and no one else ever touches my DS or PC, so technically, all my gaming is done privately.
huh.gif

JBW

Trophies
XP
Country
My friends are actually alright with games like pokemon, since most of them play it anyway. But one thing i dont tell people about is games with titles like 'Dragon Quest' or 'Final Fantasy'. That normally ends with this one guy saying 'NEEERD. NEEERD!'

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Horror games like Fatal Frame, Resident Evil, etc.

It's not like I have to play it in secret, rather my parents' hearts are not that strong. They would really freak out if they see a zombie on TV.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JBW said:
My friends are actually alright with games like pokemon, since most of them play it anyway. But one thing i dont tell people about is games with titles like 'Dragon Quest' or 'Final Fantasy'. That normally ends with this one guy saying 'NEEERD. NEEERD!'
funny enough, society is so fucked up about pokemon that no one cares in your group, which is a rare thing, but for me, i never hear the end of it, and it pisses me off big time. They don't stop about DQ or FF either, but theyre all CoD meatheads who yell, "BOOM! HEADSHOT!" all the time.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
I think it's mostly the games I admit to not enjoying privately. Mostly COD. I never hear the end of that damn game. And the people I hang with don't even consider Battlefield or something similar. Come to think of it, though, I don't play many new console games at all, 360, PS3, or otherwise...

Back to the point, I don't admit to L++ because "I could get a real girlfriend easily" or something. But none of the girls at my school are worth it anyway. And real women are difficult. And I suck at communicating. And I'm moving too! Sheesh.

Oh, also, Super Princess Peach and Karoshi. The former because it's... yeah... and the latter because NO ONE PLAYS IT AND IT MAKES ME FEEL AWKWARD.
tongue.gif

_Chaz_ said:
Pretty much every game that's not new.
I hate having to explain to people what I'm playing because they think that CoD is the only game that's ever existed.

Them: "Mega Man X? What's that? You mean Mega Man 10? You should play CoD, the graphics are better."
Me: ?_?

:
rofl2.gif
: I feel you all the way. I was playing it on my DS the other day and it went like this:
Friend: "What you playing, Micah?"
Me: "Mega Man X on SNEmulDS"
Friend: " ._. "
Other friends: "Wasn't that thing for the Game Boy or something?"
Friend: "So anyways guys, have you seen the new map pack on Black Ops?"
*25 minute convo on the new map pack*
Me: ?_?

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball...
And I got the patched version. Ohh yeah!
But, most of my friends know I play the game, so whatever, and we talk about it. But its not something I'd want my parents know I'm playing!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo