Games you enjoy... privately.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Rydian, Feb 5, 2011.

Feb 5, 2011

Games you enjoy... privately. by Rydian at 7:22 PM (9,055 Views / 0 Likes) 84 replies

1. Rydian
    OP

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Are there any games you like to play, but won't admit playing in front of other people?

2. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    If people ask me "Do you play 'X'?" I confirm it.
    I've not problem admiting it but I'm a guy of few words so when I'm asked about what I play I just say "all kind of stuff"

3. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    Pokemon, I guess. But that's mainly because my friends my age think it's childish and stupid.

4. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    I don't admit that I play games to anyone except for a few good friends.
    But I still don't admit that I play Pokemon and a whole list of games. >: They all like Gundam and other mech stuff.

5. FragAguy

Member FragAguy GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I have no games I only enjoy privately I think. What about you Rydian? [​IMG]

6. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Criminal Girls

Don't want people thinking I'm a dirty old man.

I don't recommend playing this game anywhere near decent humans.

7. shlong

Member shlong in memoriam of gravitas

Italy
    Fun game :3
    NotthatIeverplayit [​IMG]

Pokémon
    Visual Novels
    Some of the tamer eroges out there :3

8. Daizu

Member Daizu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I avoid talking about video games in public because no one really shares the same opinions as me. "LOL YOU DON'T PLAY CALL OF DUTY? WAT WAT WAT GO PLAY YOUR NERD GAMES DERP DERP DERP." I guess one I would never talk about is Shin Megami Tensei, just because it's so controversial. You know, the occult, demons from hell that look like
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Love those games though.

9. Arnold Schwarzen

Member Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I ain't ashamed of nothin! Duke Nukem Forever would be pretty questionable esp if family walks in during all the naughty bits but whatever not likely don't think anyone'd care to stop and look at what I'm playing.

10. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I know how you feel, I really do.

Anyway, I don't know if I have one. I don't really don't care what others think about me, so I'm pretty open about what I play or watch.

And no, I'm not afraid to play Pokemon in public, around friends or not.

11. bladepwnedyou

Member bladepwnedyou GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There's no way i'd tell my stoner friends who play call of duty and stuff all the time that I still play games like pokemon or Banjo Kazooie, they'd give me shit for it lol

Sadly tho the frilly games are the most fun in my opinion, the developers put a lot of thought in B-Sing some of those titles [​IMG]

12. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    People seem to think I should be embarrassed about playing visual novels/eroges but I openly admit to it (in fact I run them through steam).

So nope, no games i'm ashamed of playing.

13. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Pretty much every game that's not new.
    I hate having to explain to people what I'm playing because they think that CoD is the only game that's ever existed.

Them: "Mega Man X? What's that? You mean Mega Man 10? You should play CoD, the graphics are better."
    Me: ?_?

14. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    PREEETTYYY much.

I really can't say that I have a DS or Wii without being ridiculed. :/

15. machomuu

United States
    [​IMG]
    That post was just full of win and extremely accurate.

My friends tend to say that old (retro) games suck, and me loving retro games, knows that they factually rock and that my friends don't know what they're talking about. They also don't like Japanese games, Turn-based RPGs, Pokemon, and the NintendoDS suck (because they have no taste and only play mainstream FPS's). In fact, this is the reason many gamers keep they're favorite games secret. Not me though.

16. Officer Delibird

Member Officer Delibird GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Definitely Pokemon I used to play with a bunch of 5th graders last year when i was in seventh grade I asked them if they wanted to play this year and there like "Grow up geez that game is for 10 year olds" im like [​IMG]

17. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    No one where I live has ever heard of Cave Story. The most of what I hear too is CoD.

18. machomuu

United States
    Yeah, people tend to think Pokemon is specifically made for kids, when in reality it's just the anime and PokePark that are made for kids.

19. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    I don't talk about some of the games I play, but more because hardly anyone else plays them more than being ashamed of playing them myself. Not exactly worth talking about being stuck on my latest mission on RUSE when most of my gaming buddies only care about the next Prestige star.

I do tend to shut off when certain games are mentioned though. The worst offenders are:

- World of Warcraft/Runescape. The kid across the road from me discovered these and went from a good kid to a total hermit. Even on my 21st birthday, he dropped by for about 30 seconds, said happy birthday, then left a perfectly good party with perfectly good beer and perfectly good women to go play Runescape. There's being into your games and there's flat out having nothing else in your life, you know? Play them by all means. Hell, I was into FFXI for a while. But do try to remember that there are ways of interacting with your fellow man besides clicking on them.

- Hardcore COD players. I love Black Ops, I play it quite frequently. But I recognise it for what it is. A game. The number of prestige stars you've acquired is not a mark of any sort of talent or manliness, it's simply a way of measuring how much time you're willing to sink into a game while your social life dissolves around you. So please, don't go on about your rank. It's just sad. It's a game. What are you bragging about, really? Numbers. Same goes for all you hardcore achievement whores out there. You think it truly impresses anyone? Do you get laid more often if you have a high gamerscore? No. So shut up.

- The Sims, and other 'life simulators'. To me video games are all about escapism. A way to break out of the doldroms of reality for an hour or so and do something you could never do. Save the world, fight an invading zombie hoards, race a flying car around at supersonic speeds, etc. Why would I try to escape reality by playing something that endeavours to mimmick it perfectly? They remind me of Big Brother, in which we sit in a house, watching people sitting in a house. A task that could just as easily be achieved with a mirror and save us the time and expense.

- Sports games, Guitar Hero/Rock Band, and others. Basically the same as The Sims, I don't honestly see the point in playing a game that mimmicks something you could be doing for real. I'm not as badly against them as The Sims because to be fair we can't all be rockers or pro athletes even if we were to practise forever, but come on. What's more enjoyable? A game of FIFA, or playing real football with your friends at the park? To me it's always the latter, but to each their own.

20. machomuu

United States
    ^ Same for me, minus The Sims.