Status
Not open for further replies.

LanHikariDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little over a year now, I dropped my PSP and it had stopped working right. At first, when I went to turn it back on, it would start to boot up, showing the Sony info, and then the waves, but then the waves would just keep moving, without bringing up the XMB menu. After a while, I learned that I can get it to boot by factory resetting it (Holding Square, Triangle, Start, and Select while booting) every time it turned all the way off. So after that happened, I got to examine it a little bit further. Disc reader was screwed... nice... and at first, all my signed games (I was on an OFW crusade at the time) would run at first, but if I quit out and went to play another, it would show the PSP logo, wait, and crash. Any game would do that. Because of that, I put down the PSP all together and rebought most of my games on PS3 (when I got one), or emulated them. Well, now I'm getting back into the PSP scene, and since then, I've CFW'd my PSP (Originally to use it as a PS3 controller), and since I use it more, it's getting more and more frustrating to have to set it up from scratch any time I want to play a different game. Does anyone know of a fix? I have somewhat remedied the booting issue by enabling the Skip Sony Logo at Boot in the Recovery Menu, but I would like an all out fix.

Last edited by LanHikariDS,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A little over a year now, I dropped my PSP and it had stopped working right. At first, when I went to turn it back on, it would start to boot up, showing the Sony info, and then the waves, but then the waves would just keep moving, without bringing up the XMB menu. After a while, I learned that I can get it to boot by factory resetting it (Holding Square, Triangle, Start, and Select while booting) every time it turned all the way off. So after that happened, I got to examine it a little bit further. Disc reader was screwed... nice... and at first, all my signed games (I was on an OFW crusade at the time) would run at first, but if I quit out and went to play another, it would show the PSP logo, wait, and crash. Any game would do that. Because of that, I put down the PSP all together and rebought most of my games on PS3 (when I got one), or emulated them. Well, now I'm getting back into the PSP scene, and since then, I've CFW'd my PSP (Originally to use it as a PS3 controller), and since I use it more, it's getting more and more frustrating to have to set it up from scratch any time I want to play a different game. Does anyone know of a fix? I have somewhat remedied the booting issue by enabling the Skip Sony Logo at Boot in the Recovery Menu, but I would like an all out fix.
You could try the pandora's battery

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1