G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
OP
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What games Deserve sequels, and Reboots?

Here's mine

1. Ultimate Spiderman (Sequel)

This game is short, but has high replay value. Also, (In case you didn't know) the game is based on one of the Spiderman comics, and I think it is the most entertaining Spider Man game along with Spiderman 2, and Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions. This game has the most beautiful Cel shaded graphics to be inspired by the Spiderman comic book, but yet one wants to pay attention to it? For goodness sake, the game showed a true definition of a real Spiderman game with the awesome combat, upgrading elements, and it had Venom for god's sake! this game deserve a Sequel

2. Area 51 (Reboot)

People fail to realize good shooters when they see them. The story was superb, and the enemies was perfect. Some enemies would rush to attack you, so that adds suspense, and difficulty, which give the game a challenge. This game is long as hell to be on the PS2, and Xbox, which is Impressive, because most shooter games I see on 6th gen is short, so I would really recommend you to get this if you haven't played it.

3. Gun (Sequel)

This game was short just like Spiderman, but gave a good challenge in the end. Aside from the short game every other aspect was Top Tier along with the very detailed content that made the setting comfortable, and made you sink more into the Western game. It had options such as mining gold with your axe, and upgrading your ammo, guns, and so on. When it comes to Cowboy video games it isn't many out there, but only 3 (As far as I know), and those are Gun, Red dead revolver, and Red Redemption. I would love a reboot to come out some day at least :(

4. Syphon Filter (Reboot)

This is possibly my favorite shooter game of all time, and yet no one haven't recognized it? This game series always had positive reviews, and I know since I played them all. The game had stealth missions, interesting character, and an amusing weapons such as tasering the hell out off someone until they catch on fire. Having a reboot for this series would be great since it have been seven years since Bend Studios made a Syphon filter game.

5. Def Jam Fight for NY (Reboot)

There is only one hip hop fighting game that defeats their prequel, and sequel, and that is Def Jam Fight for NY. There were so many features like special moves, five types of different fighting styles, and you get to have a girlfriend :tpi: . It had so many legendary hip hop artists, that you can play as, and pummel until you destroyed one of them. The story revolves around beef, and that my friend make it interesting. Some of the messages you get in story mode is comical as heck. I really hope there is a reboot for it some day, and this time it would be Open World .

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If a game needs a reboot, it's because it became sh*t, so you'd better have a new IP and always play the good old titles. So I don't think any game deserves a reboot.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
If a game needs a reboot, it's because it became sh*t, so you'd better have a new IP and always play the good old titles. So I don't think any game deserves a reboot.

That's not necessarily true. Some games just die off because of lack of funding or similar reasons.

For example, The Legend of Dragoon. That game was amazeballs for a PS1 game, and a sequel was in place but eventually it got canned for some reason.

So uh...yeah, Legend of Dragoon needs a sequel.

Reactions: frogboy

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Alan Wake (American Nightmare doesn't count).

It's cool, though, because Remedy's making a Quantum Break... which is also going to be a tv show... o-oh boy.

2) TimeSplitters

It's always tiiiiime to split.

Reactions: PityOnU

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
That's not necessarily true. Some games just die off because of lack of funding or similar reasons.

For example, The Legend of Dragoon. That game was amazeballs for a PS1 game, and a sequel was in place but eventually it got canned for some reason.

So uh...yeah, Legend of Dragoon needs a sequel.
See, a sequel and/or remake is needed here. If that game is rebooted, people would complain is not like the original, so you'd better have a new IP or spiritual succesor ;)

megaexplosion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno about reboots but I'd like to see a graphically updated version of the PSX Spyro trilogy!

edit: Actually a reboot would be cool as long as they went back to the collect-a-thon style the game had. Those collecting platformers are great games that can be super creative, have a cool plot, and are lacking nowadays. Also, IMHO, Spyro took a wrong turn with the Skylanders stuff... I don't like it.

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
OP
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
See, a sequel and/or remake is needed here. If that game is rebooted, people would complain is not like the original, so you'd better have a new IP or spiritual succesor ;)

I just got this from Wiki

Reboots are common in the video game industry,[4] particularly with franchises that have multiple entries in the series.[4] Reboots in video games are used to refresh the storyline and elements of the game.[4]
.... It was not to remove the original content, but some people do what you said for whatever reason. I guess its different definitions for Reboots when it comes to video games ;)

J

JustTheOtherGuy

I would also love some updated HD remasters of Spryo 1, 2 and 3, like OOT was overhauled for 3DS.
As far as sequels, we(at least I) need L.A. Noire and Sleeping Dogs follow ups.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
F-zero.
I'm not much of a racer, but IMO GX was the best racing game of that generation and the next one. Sonic racing came close in terms of speed and Mario kart 8 has the corkscrews, but both are at best close to the experience.

Rise of nations.
I've got to admit I've never gotten to playing rise of legends. But from what I can tell, it's more of a spin-off than an actual sequel. But when looking at other RTS'es getting sequels like nothing and this kind of just being there is kinda sad. On the plus side...it's not like there is much room for improvement to begin with (for a ten year old game, it holds up very strongly today). :)

Beyond good and evil.
Well...because beyond good and evil. Had a good storyline and interesting characters, but the sequel seems to be vaporware at this point... :(

I'd list games like Unreal Tournament, Stealth bastard deluxe or the incredible machines, but those are already being worked on. :)

megaexplosion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F-zero.
I'm not much of a racer, but IMO GX was the best racing game of that generation and the next one. Sonic racing came close in terms of speed and Mario kart 8 has the corkscrews, but both are at best close to the experience.

I agree. F-Zero had a feel of a pure racing game that was about strategy and skill without being a party game a la MK and Sonic Racing. It was like a cartoony, realistic racong game in which you go 10000000 miles per hour.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
im 18th post and no one said FF VII yet... you people bring shame to your family guys.

anyway...

Beyond Good & Evil
The World Ends With You (dont care what anyone says, shit was fun)
Castle Crashers
Red Dead Redemption
Psychonauts

all sequels.

Reactions: Social_Outlaw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans