Games that deserve Sequels and Reboots

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metal Arms seriously needs one. The only game even had a cliffhanger ending pointing to a sequel.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
My usual answer in these situations:

Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri

It was made by Looking Glass Studios, and like their other titles it was awesome amazing revolutionary ahead of its time, highly critically acclaimed but (unlike their other titles) unfortunately a commercial flop, never receiving the many sequels and reboots it so richly deserves.

Read all about it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one that dislikes sequels? It's one of the reasons why games these days are so bland.

There's nothing wrong with a sequel, it's just eventually they get a bit stale.

Plus developers can be innovative but they can't always crap out new ideas. So when they make a game that does well and can continue, they might as well finish that story and develop something on the side too. Like Uncharted, Naughty Dog made three games for it then moved on to The Last of Us. Now they're back for Uncharted 4.

Sequels give you the chance to build upon your previous game. So if your game had flaws, you can iron those out and try something new. Like look at Assassin's Creed. The first game plays like ass. So they ironed out the kinks and tried new ideas and made Assassin's Creed II, which is a lot better. And now it's getting really fucking old.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldnt mind a new red faction game on next gen (of course you can just hand me a sandbox game with the destruction engine and I would be happy)
A new burnout game would be good as well rather then crition just making nfs rehashes every year
and atlus needs to make 3d dot game heroes 2

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even tho it had a sequel which didn't quite live up to the first i would LOVE another Mark of Kri game.....man i remember playing the balls off it on my PS2 when it came out

Amazing visuals,Innovative combat system and epic soundtrack really made it a stand out hit just imagine this on PS4 or the WiiU :tpi:

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jurrasic Park The Chaos Continues snes remake side scrolling shooter
I played that game again last year. When I was a kid, I think I had only ever beaten one level of that game. Was able to beat a few more this time, but damn that game is still hard but (mostly) fair.
chrono trigger sequel
I suppose there's always Chrono Cross. Never played it, though.
X-men arcade remake, Simpsons arcade remake
Man, those two arcade cabinets (especially Simpsons since we had that at the Hockey Rinks my dad played/reffed at most) ate so many quarters as a kid.
Wing Commander
Familiar with Star Citizen? Chris Roberts has come out of retirement for a new space sim with a persistent online universe. If that doesn't catch your fancy, it also comes with a single-player campaign called Squadron 42.
Star Trek 50th anniversary edition remake of star trek 25 anniversary edition
I absolutely loved Star Trek: 25th Anniversary and its sequel, Star Trek: Judgment Rites. If you haven't played ST:JR, I highly recommend it. Make sure, like with 25th anniversary, you get the CD version to get the voice acting from the original crew. For some reason game developers these days can't figure out how to make a Star Trek game as faithful to the spirit of the show as those games were. The exploration, contacting unknown species, diplomacy, finding the best solution to a problem (loved that there were so many ways to complete a mission)... nowadays it's just cash-grab action and such. Oh, and also give Star Trek: A Final Unity a try; it's in a similar vein to ST25 and STJR as a point-and-click, but features the cast of The Next Generation.
WHEW! Ok ill stop. I guess I like old games.
There's no shame in that.

Pagio94

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Twinsen's odyssey/Little big Adventure serie. It's one of the best series I ever played, I feel it needs a sequel or at least an hd reboot (android reboot doesn't count much even if it was reworked by the original team)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?