Games requiring HorizonOS 17

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Ah yes, not updating the needed files. Again, not doing proper research.

The yellow screen is often fusee.bin doesn't match and/or hekate wasn't updated.
So your issue again for not doing a simple google search. Just enjoy the Switch, it's not broken.
Is there a way to check if my S/N is flagged for a ban? PS - Hekate was 6.0.7, and I had no idea that the stock SysMMC option requires an updated fusee.bin.

Djakku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Take the time to read a bit about the topic in the future.
Im pretty sure you won't get a ban if you indeed hage given the proper info.
I would still do a factory reset before going online since you said you'velost everything.

That there is anyway to know if your console has been flagged or no.

I had upgraded to FW17, then downgraded to Fw16 but stayed offiline and blanked the prodinfo. Once the sigpatches were update to work wity FW17, i used daybreak to upgraded to FW17.

It works fine, for now

Reactions: tabzer

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you very much for your "recommendation", I've flashed HorizonOS 17 to SysMMC only and now it will only panic with code 06... Once again: thanks for softbricking my switch and making me recover a NAND backup.
There aren't many things that fill me with joy, this was one of them. Deserved, can't say more.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was banned for a mismatched NAND so yeah, they don't like time travel
I wonder if there is a small chance (probably not any longer) but if you upgraded it to 17 with Daybreak if it would still be OK. Since it wouldn't ask for anything "new".

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if there is a small chance (probably not any longer) but if you upgraded it to 17 with Daybreak if it would still be OK. Since it wouldn't ask for anything "new".

The thing is if you were online and you restore to a nand backup from before it cause the mismatch nand. So if your current nand doesn't match with what you were previously online, it give them enough reason to ban you.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The thing is if you were online and you restore to a nand backup from before it cause the mismatch nand. So if your current nand doesn't match with what you were previously online, it give them enough reason to ban you.
That wouldn't explain if you factory reset it however. Since the Nand would be changed as well then.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That wouldn't explain if you factory reset it however. Since the Nand would be changed as well then.

The server probably would log that the system was factory resetted, but if you go online with your profile after resetting and then you do a nand restore and go back online again you would get flagged.

I assume @Ondrashek06 got flagged for a ban if he was online for firmware 17.0.0, and then he restore to the backup of an older firmware then update the firmware. Since there is a mismatch nand.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
The server probably would log that the system was factory resetted, but if you go online with your profile after resetting and then you do a nand restore and go back online again you would get banned

This, I only had Pokemon Quest on my NAND and I restored one that never had anything installed on it, got banned shortly after

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
FFS... So I get banned just because I listened to the advice from a guy at GBATemp? Really?
I never told you to do anything with sysMMC, I told you to play it on OFW as you should be when you are playing anything that requires online. Everything you did, you did on your own without anyone telling you to do it. Which is obviously a bad idea when you don't know what you are doing.
Blaming people for your own actions and mistakes is a great way to get zero help, just FYI.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
@linuxares How about you remove the post that I reported, which is obvious toxic trolling? No one should cheer on the suffering on others.
Post automatically merged:

I never told you to do anything with sysMMC, I told you to play it on OFW as you should be when you are playing anything that requires online. Everything you did, you did on your own without anyone telling you to do it. Which is obviously a bad idea when you don't know what you are doing.
Blaming people for your own actions and mistakes is a great way to get zero help, just FYI.
Yes, and playing on OFW meant having to update HorizonOS to 17. And because I have previously wiped my Switch through unofficial means, the bricking bug was triggered. Yes, it was kinda my fault that I didn't wait for any solutions to the bricking that didn't involve restoring to an earlier NAND, but my recent experience with GBATemp has been that some important support questions are deliberately ignored, like the one where I asked for help with CTGP-7.

Last edited by Ondrashek06,

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
GBATemp has been that some important support questions are deliberately ignored, like the one where I asked for help with CTGP-7.
Or you know... no one wanted to answer it or knew the answer. You are a bit entitled to think this is a support forum where people get paid to answer.

EDIT: Your report have been handled. It wasn't me that handled it and they have a higher authority than me.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you know... no one wanted to answer it or knew the answer. You are a bit entitled to think this is a support forum where people get paid to answer.

EDIT: Your report have been handled. It wasn't me that handled it and they have a higher authority than me.

I agree with you on this, if people wants to answer they would answer.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

Sorry, I should've worded it more clear. But if people at least did comment that they can't help, it would be more nice than just leaving the thread alone.

And no, my report hasn't been handled, the post is still up and there. I don't know what to say if it was denied, posting that you're cheering on someone having a serious issue with a console they paid $200 for sure sounds to me like a personal attack which should be immediately deleted.

P.S. I would wire PabloMK7 $10 to solve my problem, the issue is that he doesn't offer services like it so I have to rely on forums.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sorry, I should've worded it more clear. But if people at least did comment that they can't help, it would be more nice than just leaving the thread alone.

And no, my report hasn't been handled, the post is still up and there. I don't know what to say if it was denied, posting that you're cheering on someone having a serious issue with a console they paid $200 for sure sounds to me like a personal attack which should be immediately deleted.

P.S. I would wire PabloMK7 $10 to solve my problem, the issue is that he doesn't offer services like it so I have to rely on forums.
I've yet to see someone defeat their banning ways. If they got a trigger on going back, it will trigger. So gone online yet?

It been handeled, but as rejected. The supervisor didn't agree it violated any rules.

I personally rather leave the thread alone than saying "I can't help you" since it would be a waste and spam for everyone.

Reactions: Hayato213

Djakku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When someone find the answer, it benefit everyone.
No point to creating a thread or flooding an existing thread with 1000 message either saying I don't know either or I have the same issue.

Whenever a new firmware that change / break the current methods we are use to come up, there's always a few users mentioning their issues because they have updated to the latest Firmware.
In the meantime, all the people who are contributing to fixing the issues are focused on that and they won't start to explains their findings on every single threads.
This is why everyone will always tell everyone, do not update or update your SYSNAND but not your EmuNand ( because the emunand is dependant of Atmosphere, which need to be updated most of the time for every new firmware.
The ppl in GBATemp are nice, and the Mods are VERY patient compared to other forums. Still, here, like everywhere else, everyone is responsible for what they do. Even if you had listened to someone, in the end , you did what you did.

Paying at this point wouldn't help your case and to be fair, nobody should charge your for placing opensource files in a SDCard.
All of these software are free and if anyone would deserve a Tip it would be the devs who are asking for donation.

@linuxares

Updated to FW17 from the official means.
Used daybreak with custom FW running on SysMMC to do a downgrade to FW16.
Stayed offline or with Atmosphere on SySMMC
Updated to FW17 with daybreak from SysMMC
Rebooted to OFW 1 week after the patches and plugins got updated.

So far I haven't had any issues playing Tetris 99 on OFW.
Maybe the ban hammer is above my switch, but for now, it's all good!

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@linuxares

Updated to FW17 from the official means.
Used daybreak with custom FW running on SysMMC to do a downgrade to FW16.
Stayed offline or with Atmosphere on SySMMC
Updated to FW17 with daybreak from SysMMC
Rebooted to OFW 1 week after the patches and plugins got updated.

So far I haven't had any issues playing Tetris 99 on OFW.
Maybe the ban hammer is above my switch, but for now, it's all good!
This is why I think a downgrade and a possible daybreak upgrade would work if you happen to restore an older version, as long as it matched the one when it was last online sort of speak.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played