Games requiring HorizonOS 17

Djakku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you restored your nand, and didn't have a backup of your most recent saves, they're gone. Unless you have NSO then sync your current save and redownload your games.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
what stuff exactly?
Like, everything? All my games are gone from SysMMC.
Post automatically merged:

If you restored your nand, and didn't have a backup of your most recent saves, they're gone. Unless you have NSO then sync your current save and redownload your games.
Yeah, thought that I would have to do that. At least cloud saves exist for NSO users.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Do you have any experience booting between OFW and CFW? How did you setup your CFW? Are you using emuMMC? If so, just cold boot into OFW without using Hekate.

Pokemon cafe is a free to play internet connection game that doesn't mix well with CFW to begin with.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
He restored a previously made Nand dump, so surely depending on how old the backup was, he wouldn't have the sake games and save files.
I mean that's what I assumed
Well then his nand might be a dirty nand now then. If it ever went online that is. I can't say if Nintendo bans for this but normally they don't like your system suddenly gone back in time.

Reactions: BigOnYa and tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well then his nand might be a dirty nand now then. If it ever went online that is. I can't say if Nintendo bans for this but normally they don't like your system suddenly gone back in time.
I believe many bans are a direct result of that. If you are screwing around with the actual NAND, then you should expect to be banned. I thought he was just using his NAND dump to restore emummc.

Reactions: BigOnYa

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
FFS... So I get banned just because I listened to the advice from a guy at GBATemp? Really?
Who recommended this? Because I haven't seen anyone recommending you to restore your OFW.

So far I've only seen you wanted to install a online only game, which you could get by just visiting the eshop since it's free?
Or did you install pirated material on your SysNAND?

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Who recommended this? Because I haven't seen anyone recommending you to restore your OFW.

So far I've only seen you wanted to install a online only game, which you could get by just visiting the eshop since it's free?
Or did you install pirated material on your SysNAND?
There was no pirated material installed to my SysMMC. What I've done is install a game from the eShop, and it required HorizonOS 17. Someone told me to update it only on SysMMC and not the EmuMMC, and guess what, it soft-bricked my Switch because I didn't update AMS and HorizonOS 17 has the infamous bricking bug if you've previously wiped your switch through unofficial means (which I have done). If there was a way to recover from that brick, please let me know.

Sound like the NAND backup is a backup with no content on it
Because it was made upon CFW installation for emergency purposes - i.e. brick recovery.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it was made upon CFW installation for emergency purposes - i.e. brick recovery.

Your save are gone if you didn't have cloud services, certain games like pokemon main series have no cloud service. Also if your firmware doesn't match with what you were previously online you probably got flagged for a ban.

Reactions: linuxares

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There was no pirated material installed to my SysMMC. What I've done is install a game from the eShop, and it required HorizonOS 17. Someone told me to update it only on SysMMC and not the EmuMMC, and guess what, it soft-bricked my Switch because I didn't update AMS and HorizonOS 17 has the infamous bricking bug if you've previously wiped your switch through unofficial means (which I have done). If there was a way to recover from that brick, please let me know.

The problem stems from the wiping the switch via unofficial means. It's just catching up with you now. Reflashing the NAND instead of fixing your setup was a jump the gun maneuver on your part.

Last edited by tabzer,

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
@linuxares None of this was my stupidity. I explicitly got told to flash the new HorizonOS. I couldn't have predicted that it would brick my switch. It would be my stupidity if I was lacking a NAND backup.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Again, stop blaming others for YOU not doing the proper research. No one told you to update.
Hell Atmosphere had RELEASED the bug fix WHEN you started this thread. You had NO REASON but YOURSELF to blame.

You never even told us the full error. Just error 6? The Switch gives a whole lot more than just a single digit.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Again, stop blaming others for YOU not doing the proper research. No one told you to update.
Hell Atmosphere had RELEASED the bug fix WHEN you started this thread. You had NO REASON but YOURSELF to blame.

You never even told us the full error. Just error 6? The Switch gives a whole lot more than just a single digit.
Hekate does give a single digit and color when there's a HorizonOS panic. The color was yellow, the code was 06.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hekate does give a single digit and color when there's a HorizonOS panic. The color was yellow, the code was 06.
Ah yes, not updating the needed files. Again, not doing proper research.

The yellow screen is often fusee.bin doesn't match and/or hekate wasn't updated.
So your issue again for not doing a simple google search. Just enjoy the Switch, it's not broken.

Reactions: HalfScoper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol