Hacking Games requiring certain fw not working.

MDarkbladeM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
First time posting, long time lurking.

I recently downgraded my N3DS XL to 9.2 and installed PastaCFW with RxTools. Now I'm having a problem with Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam and Triforce Heroes cart versions where they both want me to upgrade my firmware to 10.2. I read in these forums that both games should work on 9.5 so I updated my EmuNand to that fw version. Unfortunately the problem still exists.

Is there some way to spoof the firmware for original carts or am I out of luck? I really wouldn't like to download cia files of these games. I've enabled Firmlaunch on Pasta and HBL Launchers Hans crashes on a yellow screen.

D

Deleted-236924

You don't need to download .cias, you can make your own.
With GW Launcher, dump the roms, and then use a CIA converter to make them into .cia

I think GW may be able to spoof FW properly to allow running retail cartridges in classic mode even if they have a higher update on them, it would ignore the update and run the game. But on rxTools, highest firm you have with firmlaunch is 9.5 native firm. No way around that as of yet.

Last edited by ,

MDarkbladeM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ugh, I've been struggling a few days to get my carts converted to cias. First I converted my cart with Gateway 3.6.2 beta, created a ncchinfo.bin file with Simple CIA Converter, put it to root of my SD, tried to generate Xorpads but here I receive a failure and needed files are nowhere to be found.

Any idea what is causing this or am I doing something wrong? Or is there some other, preferred, way to dump my carts? Thanks for your help in advance.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I've been struggling a few days to get my carts converted to cias. First I converted my cart with Gateway 3.6.2 beta, created a ncchinfo.bin file with Simple CIA Converter, put it to root of my SD, tried to generate Xorpads but here I receive a failure and needed files are nowhere to be found.

Any idea what is causing this or am I doing something wrong? Or is there some other, preferred, way to dump my carts? Thanks for your help in advance.
You using this?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-simple-cia-converter.384559/

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what are you using to generate the xorpads, i've never had the failure from running rxtools xorpad generator

Reactions: WeedZ

MDarkbladeM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Yeah. That was the only software I could find for easy CIA converting.

what are you using to generate the xorpads, i've never had the failure from running rxtools xorpad generator

I tried to use rxTools Xorpad Generator as well but the progress goes straight to 100% and then there is an error message.

It starts to process ncchinfo.bin, generated pad, shows "0 : 100%Error opening S!" , after that I can only press A to continue. That creates a strange file in the root which is about 1024Kb in size. Unless that is the Xorpad which I have to rename to something but surely it can't be so?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
when i run rxtools i get the Error opening SDcard.bin or something similar to that

but the xorpad it generate does work

it makes a bunch of fiels on root called somethin kinda like

000400000004D200.Main.exefs_norm.xorpad

just copy them all over

Reactions: WeedZ

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. That was the only software I could find for easy CIA converting.

I tried to use rxTools Xorpad Generator as well but the progress goes straight to 100% and then there is an error message.

It starts to process ncchinfo.bin, generated pad, shows "0 : 100%Error opening S!" , after that I can only press A to continue. That creates a strange file in the root which is about 1024Kb in size. Unless that is the Xorpad which I have to rename to something but surely it can't be so?
when i run rxtools i get the Error opening SDcard.bin or something similar to that

but the xorpad it generate does work

it makes a bunch of fiels on root called somethin kinda like

000400000004D200.Main.exefs_norm.xorpad

just copy them all over
Hes right, there will be an error from rxtools but it generates the files. You should have two Xorpad files per rom your converting.

MDarkbladeM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ok, for some reason rxTools doesn't generate those Xorpads. Maybe there is some sort of a bug in the latest rxTools build. Or then I have a broken ncchinfo.bin generated from my Paper Jam cart dump.

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok, for some reason rxTools doesn't generate those Xorpads. Maybe there is some sort of a bug in the latest rxTools build. Or then I have a broken ncchinfo.bin generated from my Paper Jam cart dump.
I use an older nightly build because I've had issues with the new ones. Can't tell you which off hand unfortunately. But I'd try another dump and make sure the ncch is placed at the root of the sd.

MDarkbladeM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I dumped Paper Jam again in Gateway menu again, put the AYNP.3DS file to Simple CIA Converter \roms folder, created the 'ncchinfo.bin' file which is about 336 bytes in size, put the 'ncchinfo.bin' file to SD root, tried to generate Xorpads in rxTools menu, again got the error and there is now a file named "〯〴〰㈳⸰湩桸敤潸摡" in my SD root which is about 1.024 Mbytes in size.

Either that is the Xorpad file or my 3DS is just mocking me. Maybe I'll just cave in for now and try again once I get back to my main computer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.