Games reboot the system

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Brunorb, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Brunorb
    OP

Brunorb Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2016
    Brazil
    hello, I have a 3ds xl version 9.2.0-20 with cfw luma 3ds. I download games for freeshop, but two specific games restart the console when you try to play them, the games are super smash bros 3ds and monster hunter 4. is there any other way to play these games on my 3DS?

2. BySilva

BySilva Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2016
    Portugal
    same

3. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    What version of Luma are you using? Make sure the payload path has been properly set.

I'm experiencing the same thing with the Sun/Moon demo on my old 3ds, although I haven't yet done any investigative steps (since I mainly use my new 3ds xl). I know it's an older version of Luma, at least.

4. BySilva

BySilva Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2016
    Portugal
    yap demo sm and ssbros, soul silver... ar9l latest luma old3ds xl latest firm.

I think it has to do with the memory used because it happens so with heavy games

Last edited by BySilva, Oct 19, 2016
  5. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    do you guys even research before making and answering threads? smash and mh4 redirect memory which calls for a reboot when the game is exited. same goes for sun and moon since they are graphic heavy games/demo.

6. Procyon

Procyon TheRealProcyon

Dec 13, 2014
    Netherlands
    /home/procyon
    Also DS games reboot the system to DS mode.

7. Arck

Arck GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 13, 2016
    true but that not the problem here

8. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Does it reboot after exiting game or before. After is normal as these are high memory mode games.

If it reboots after have you tried a dump from that iso site? Also are you using a boot manger? If so change the path it should tell you on the luma3ds wiki how

Last edited by xtheman, Oct 21, 2016