Games of the Month: June 2011

KiraKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ocarina of time 3DS, actually looks really well done so i guess that'll be on my list, RE:Mercs has fail written all over it :\ but inFamous2 and Alice ..........*stare* do want o_o

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, awesome lineup. I'm just waiting for LoZ Ocarina of Time 3D and Resident Evil The Mecenaries 3D, by then I'll probably get a 3DS. From the previews so far of those two games, they look awesome and interesting enough. Probably gonna wait for review too. haha.

Alice Madness Returns would definitely rock but I'm gonna get it on PC. F3AR and Duke Nukem Forever, not so much, probably just gonna rent it or read the review. As for Infamous 2, I haven't even played the first one yet. LOL!

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
Just like Super Mario 64 DS, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS won't let us down. SSFIV looks good, and the 3DS one seems to be the best game on the console atm. I don't know much about F3AR, but I played #1 and #2 and enjoyed the story/gameplay. However when I played both the titles on consoles it didn't have the same appeal as it did on PC. I would have to say I am looking forward to OoT the most, it has showed a lot of good improvements.

P.S. Alice does look creative & pretty.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Other than Ocarina of Time, looks like a boring month.
Though i'm pretty sure there are a few other titles I want coming out this month, and I just don't realize it at this point in time.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guild McCommunist,

I share your hype level on Alice: Madness Returns. So do the employees of my local Gamestop, and most of their customers. There's huge hype surrounding that game.

Everybody is super hyped for Duke Nukem. Based on the videos we've seen, it looks like legacy Duke (none of that Manhattan Project crap), with the same crude humor as usual.

I also want to share my dismay with how unfair it is that Australia gets a collector's edition of LoT:OoT and the USA doesn't. Complete garbage!

Raikiri

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wow a lot of good stuff! especially since i have all consoles! (except a 3DS for now)
to bad i'm out of money to buy any of these
frown.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm one of the "yeeeey, Zelda!" fanbois. I never played that ocarina of time thoroughly (just messing around with a hacked VC rom doesn't really count), and thus far the rest of the 3DS lineup looks "meh" to me (okay, SFIV looks solid, but I'm not a fan of those kind of fighting games). It'll be my first 3DS game as well.

Duke Nukem forever...I'll wait for the reviews. Sure, Duke Nukem 3D was awesome, and long development time may pay off (starcraft 2, anyone?)...but the standards for a FPS have risen substantially since then. And most of the things that made it great (to young teenagers) were also a bit controversial.
I may be cynical, but...I think this game can only be good if politicians want to get it banned or censored.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
Half-Minute Hero? For the PSP? Again?
AWESOMENESS OVERWHELMING!

It's not for the PSP, it's for the XBLA.

QUOTE(OrGoN3 @ May 29 2011, 07:40 AM) I also want to share my dismay with how unfair it is that Australia gets a collector's edition of LoT:OoT and the USA doesn't. Complete garbage!

Considering how often Australia gets fucked over with censorship and game releases, I'm pretty sure we can live without a cheap plastic ocarina packed in.

Side note to everyone: Arcade Edition for SSFIV is not available for the 3DS and there's been no announcement of it yet. If you're wondering why I've criticized SSFIV 3D so much, this is one big reason why.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guild McCommunist said:
~SNIP~

Side note to everyone: Arcade Edition for SSFIV is not available for the 3DS and there's been no announcement of it yet. If you're wondering why I've criticized SSFIV 3D so much, this is one big reason why.

This

I still hope Capcom releases it at least as DLC.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guild McCommunist said:
Lightning said:

Well it's available as DLC for all the consoles it's currently releasing on (minus the PC) so it wouldn't surprise me if they don't release it on the 3DS.

Why shouldn´t they release it on 3DS as DLC?

The E-Shop has not been released yet.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Lightning said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Lightning said:

Well it's available as DLC for all the consoles it's currently releasing on (minus the PC) so it wouldn't surprise me if they don't release it on the 3DS.

What exactly is the difference?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
30084pm said:
Lightning said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Lightning said:

What exactly is the difference?

You mean Arcade and normal?

Arcade has a few more characters(4) and some more things dunno exactly. >.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SSFIV is turning into a sports game. They just release a new one every year with some shitty updates and slap on a brand-new pricetag.
and even worse, people buy the shit.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
SSFIV is turning into a sports game. They just release a new one every year with some shitty updates and slap on a brand-new pricetag.
Welcome to Street Fighter.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Don't talk shit when you dont know what your talking about ok? SSF4 AE can be dled as dlc for 15 bucks or you can go and buy it disc based for 40. Besides the 4 characters, there are a bunch of new features such as being able to follow high ranking players replays and only watching replays from those with high scores in the online portion. You are not forced to buy the update you can still play with poeple who buy it they just wont be able to use the new 4 characters. As a fighting game fanatic this has to be the best way to implement new characters into an already popular fighting game. Your ssf4 doesnt become obselete when everyone transfers to ssf4 AE because you can still play with them and now you find a huge crowd of idiots just bashing for the sake of bashing.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cris92x said:
Hells Malice said:
Don't talk shit when you dont know what your talking about ok? SSF4 AE can be dled as dlc for 15 bucks or you can go and buy it disc based for 40. Besides the 4 characters, there are a bunch of new features such as being able to follow high ranking players replays and only watching replays from those with high scores in the online portion. You are not forced to buy the update you can still play with poeple who buy it they just wont be able to use the new 4 characters. As a fighting game fanatic this has to be the best way to implement new characters into an already popular fighting game. Your ssf4 doesnt become obselete when everyone transfers to ssf4 AE because you can still play with them and now you find a huge crowd of idiots just bashing for the sake of bashing.
I wouldn't call you a fanatic. While I don't agree with Malice, so far his argument is more solid than yours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: