Hacking Games not working in YSMenu

tsunamikitsune

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to give YSMenu a shot since it seems like it will become more necessary considering the lack of R4 firmware updates in the future. The way I understand it, YSMenu allows the R4 to keep up to date when it comes to playing newer DS games.

Now, I tried playing a few games that worked on the official R4 firmware and they wouldn't work for me. I would get a "ttpatch debug screen." After going through a bunch of steps, it gets to this part and stops:

write reload bins...
make indextab...disk errcode=-21
system halt!

Why does it do this?

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be what seedvt has said, but some things to take note of:

-change the "YSmenu" folder to "TTMenu".
-enable both the "DMA" option and the "reset" option.
-reformat your Micro SD card.
-Maybe it's a certain game.
-Was it (YSmenu) created using R4YSauto?

tsunamikitsune

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used R4YSauto to create YSMenu. I tried changing the folder name, but that didn't change anything.

The games that I've tried are Bomberman Land Touch! 2, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Clubhouse Games, and The World Ends With You. They all give me the same error and don't work.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to mention that games wouldn't load for me if I check the cheat checkbox but with no cheat active. See if it's like that for you. World Ends with You loads too, may be your flash cart.

cpm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tsunamikitsune said:
write reload bins...
system halt!
i've had this error, it went away after i defraged my microsd card (backup-delete-restore, or however else you want to defrag). i'm guessing here, but i think YSMenu might need a certain amount of free sequential disk space :/

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
cpm said:
tsunamikitsune said:
write reload bins...
system halt!
i've had this error, it went away after i defraged my microsd card (backup-delete-restore, or however else you want to defrag). i'm guess guess here, but i think YSMenu might need a certain amount of free sequential disk space,:/
Yes, at least 4 MB if I'm not mistaken.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, that's odd. I assumed the OP had some free space left, as the R4 firmware needed to create that same 4MB sys file as well. In fact if one were to use the R4 firmware + moonshell, it takes up more space than YSmenu >_>

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue when trying to run Disgaea (with or without cheats) on Ysmenu......

~Edit~

Well i'll be damned a format of the card did the trick......

Carjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had similar issue with shell crashing on game start. Suspecting lack of contiguous / continuous free space on disk (i have filled / deleted / refilled many times) I am now zero-ing out the microSD card and will repost when I have results.

Thank you for hosting this forum for all to learn from each other.

-Carjack

***Edit***
It was actually the renaming of the Directory from YSmenu to TTmenu that did it. The format couldn't have hurt, though
happy.gif

Thanks, all, for the forums!

lilmac22393

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didnt want to repost a similar topic because i was bashed earlier for doing so.

a while back i said that i got an r4i and got made fun and people told me it was going to eventually stop working...you may have been right, either that or m just a noob and i cant figure out a simple task.

on most games i try and run, i get an error

disk errcode=-2147483632 please reset system

any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU