Games location after migrating from SX OS to atmosphere

Pardestalos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi,

I have an old "original" switch, unpatched, still running on original firmware 1.0 on sysnand and everything else on emunand.

I got the SXOS dongle and jig and was quite happy with it. My wife is the main user of the switch but we haven't touched in a long time and just got back to using it.
I migrated to atmosphere, have the latest firmware 16something and already managed to re-install some of her old games and restore the savegames with JKSV (animal crossing, shiren the wander)

However my SD card feels like a mess, the love child of Cthulhu and Frankenstein with stuff I don't even know if I still need there.

The biggest issue I have is that on my Emutendo folder, I believe all the old games I had installed with SXOS and tinfoil before migrating are still there taking a lot of space. (160GB right now!) They dont show up as installed games anywhere and the folders are all just numbers and letters. I looked on switchbrew for the title codes but they don't seem to match so I'm at a loss.

1- Is there anyway to identify and remove the games we don't want installed anymore?

2- What would be the simplest way to get a new and bigger SD card and transfer the currently installed games (just 4) and their saves? The most annoying one is animal crossing since I can only restore the save after playing for like 20 minutes when the game actually lets you create a new savegame and then restore onto that and I never seem to know if its the save in the user, device, bcat or system that's right.

Thanks!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,

I have an old "original" switch, unpatched, still running on original firmware 1.0 on sysnand and everything else on emunand.

I got the SXOS dongle and jig and was quite happy with it. My wife is the main user of the switch but we haven't touched in a long time and just got back to using it.
I migrated to atmosphere, have the latest firmware 16something and already managed to re-install some of her old games and restore the savegames with JKSV (animal crossing, shiren the wander)

However my SD card feels like a mess, the love child of Cthulhu and Frankenstein with stuff I don't even know if I still need there.

The biggest issue I have is that on my Emutendo folder, I believe all the old games I had installed with SXOS and tinfoil before migrating are still there taking a lot of space. (160GB right now!) They dont show up as installed games anywhere and the folders are all just numbers and letters. I looked on switchbrew for the title codes but they don't seem to match so I'm at a loss.

1- Is there anyway to identify and remove the games we don't want installed anymore?

2- What would be the simplest way to get a new and bigger SD card and transfer the currently installed games (just 4) and their saves? The most annoying one is animal crossing since I can only restore the save after playing for like 20 minutes when the game actually lets you create a new savegame and then restore onto that and I never seem to know if its the save in the user, device, bcat or system that's right.

Thanks!
If you didn't delete your old emuNAND, you can use it with Atmosphere and keep your games and saves, just requires editing emummc.ini to point to the correct emuNAND and Emutendo folder.
If you were using file based emuNAND, it's recommended to migrate to partition based, but you can boot into a file based emuNAND using Atmosphere to back up save data and identify the games you want to keep. Using a file based emuNAND just risks corrupting the emuNAND, and it's also slower than partition based.
The title IDs of games aren't in the filenames you'll find in the Nintendo/Emutendo folder, so you can't use that alone to identify games.
Figuring out what games are even there without access to the emuNAND is probably impossible. The data is encrypted, and to decrypt it you need the title keys for every game (which must be dumped from the NAND that has them installed, in this case the old emuNAND) and the SD key seed (which you can likely get from sysNAND, as it should be the same on both)

Reactions: Pardestalos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto