games like oboro muramasa?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by 105424, Aug 22, 2011.

Aug 22, 2011

games like oboro muramasa? by 105424 at 9:22 PM (1,916 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. 105424
    OP

Newcomer 105424 Newbie

Netherlands
    so

let's start by telling that i love muramasa demon blade in every possible way (and find the unpopularitie of it very strange)

but i'm desperatly looking for games like muramasa i started my search 3 hours ago and stil haven't found anything
    and nobody posted this question before so here it is

are there good games like muramasa demonblade (gameplay and story wise)

or are there any other good hack and slash games for the wii (not like star wars force unleashed (good game but only because you shoot lighting and force push people))
    preferably with hard gameplay like muramasa

have a nice day and my apologies for bad spelling [​IMG]

2. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Well I can't say it's like Muramasa, but Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes is probably the best Hack and Slash I've ever played.

3. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes and Samurai Warriors 3 are both excellent hack and slash games, with the former being more colorful and over the top, and the latter carrying a slower, yet more methodical game play and sense. I personally prefer SW3 over SB:SH, but they're both fun. However, they're both 3D hack and slash titles. You're not going to find another title like Muramasa on the Wii. You can look into VanillaWare's other titles, like Odin Sphere for the PS2 that have the same style and basic game play, but you're not going to find anything like it on the Wii.

Another hack and slash is Soul Calibur; Legends. I personally enjoyed it, but I know a lot of people that didn't. It's good fun if you're playing it for free.

4. 105424
    OP

Newcomer 105424 Newbie

Netherlands
    thanx for the fast comments [​IMG]
    already searched Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes and Samurai Warriors 3 and looked promising

also a other question

is there a name for the genre of games like muramasa and oden sphere (can't find it)
    [​IMG]

5. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    They are Hack and Slashes, in this particular case it counts as a branch of the Action RPG genre.

6. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    get a ps2 and play Odin Sphere
    [youtube]uAdgNFS4mJ4[/youtube]