Games Hang/Freeze when Saving

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by yo_sup, Dec 7, 2010.

Dec 7, 2010
  1. yo_sup
    OP

Newcomer yo_sup Newbie

United States
    I am using the original EDGE card with OS 2.0 on DSLite. I have been using this card for one year with a 2.0gb MicroSD card with no problems. I recently switched to an 8.0gb MicroSDHC card because the website says it supports MicroSDHC cards up to 32gb. I bought it from a retail store.

Everything works fine except when attempting to save a game. It happens with all ROMs, old and new. When attempting to save, the game hangs/freezes and never finishes the task. This forces me to power off the hardware resulting in corrupted save files. Anyone know whats up? Does anyone else use 8gb MicroSDHC cards with no issues?

Thanks everyone

P.s.
    I've tried reformatting the 8gb MicroSDHC card and it still has the same problem when saving. When going back to my 2gb MicroSD card, everything is fine.

2. Kitanode

Newcomer Kitanode Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I use an 8GB (class 6) card with my iedge and also used it with my old edge without any problems since i bought it about 2 years ago and it's still working fine.

I'm not sure what could be wrong with your's except maybe a faulty card.
    Are you doing a full format when you format your card? if not then try that and then download the edge os again, making sure you dont download the iedge os.

Are you testing the card out with the same game each time? if so then try some different ones (obviously duh)

3. yo_sup
    OP

Newcomer yo_sup Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the reply.

I did everything you said and it still froze. However, I started testing every ROM in my card. Initially, I was testing the same two ROMs. The other ROMSs saved successfully so I went back to the two ROMs that would freeze on me and they saved successfully as well. I do not know how, but it seems it resolved the issue. I do think something may be wrong w/ my MicroSDHC. Sometimes my computer cannot read it. I use the T-flash that came with the EDGE. I have to keep plugging it in and unplugging from the computer until it reads it. When I put my 2gb into the T-flash, my computer reads it with no problems. I'll repost here if my saving issues return.