Gaming GAMES FOR MAC

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Outside of maybe World of Goo, I've got nothing for you as I do next to no gaming on my mac. I would honestly suggest a dualboot with Windows XP if you're looking to do gaming on an Atom.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
Joe88 said:
it was a windows based netbook
Windows based netbook? I've never heard of one of those before. And here is me thinking that Intel and AMD have the market pretty much sewn up. Microsoft are now making processors and chipsets?
hur dur

I meant it was sold with windows xp

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
Joe88 said:
I meant it was sold with windows xp
But that isn't what you said.
smile.gif

Netbooks often come with *nix btw, not just windows.
I know however unless you bought the cheapest netbook when they came out then you would have a modded nix os

no netbooks people buy now come with it anymore, they were too under powered and not that much price difference between the ones that could already do stuff and not be a paper weight

Avalyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Telltale are now releasing their games on the osx platform, well, at least their monkey island series. Also try Aquaria, brilliant metroidvania style game. Torchlight should be coming out soon for osx too.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Joe88 said:
no netbooks people buy now come with it anymore,
That sentence makes no sense, but I guess you are trying to say there are no *nix netbooks available for sale, which is clearly false.

QUOTEthey were too under powered and not that much price difference between the ones that could already do stuff and not be a paper weight
LOL!, just lol. You obviously understand neither the hardware OR software.

But keep digging a hole instead of just admitting you were wrong...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
Joe88 said:
That sentence makes no sense, but I guess you are trying to say there are no *nix netbooks available for sale, which is clearly false.

QUOTEthey were too under powered and not that much price difference between the ones that could already do stuff and not be a paper weight

what are you only in here to troll and cause trouble?

I go take a look at lets just say bestbuy for example (average consumer would shop there for their needs) and they have no unix netbooks for sale
just windows xp and windows 7

then I go take a look at newegg (surely if something isnt at the other store it would be at newegg) and still no unix netbooks, just windows

so where are all the netbooks then that have linux???

I then take a look at amazon
I found some however they are all used and or old discontinued models

the company's stopped selling them
they didnt sell well
under powered (mainly due to the Celeron and they even underclocked it to get half the power and in earlier models) and limited functionality

the company that released the linux based os hasnt updated it since 2007, so thats saying a lot right there

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Joe88 said:
George Dawes said:
Joe88 said:

I go take a look at lets just say bestbuy for example (average consumer would shop there for their needs) and they have no unix netbooks for sale
just windows xp and windows 7

then I go take a look at newegg (surely if something isnt at the other store it would be at newegg) and still no unix netbooks, just windows

so where are all the netbooks then that have linux???

I then take a look at amazon
I found some however they are all used and or old discontinued models

they didnt sell well
under powered (mainly due to the Celeron and they even underclocked it to get half the power and in earlier models) and limited functionality

the company that released the linux based os hasnt updated it since 2007, so thats saying a lot right there

Whats wrong with just installing Linux once you get it? Its not like having Windows on your netbook costs you any more than without.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Joe88 said:
I'm "here" to correct idiotic mistakes (and downright lies).

"The companies" didn't stop selling them, they are still available (albeit less common than they were).

they didnt sell well
They didn't? The earliest netbooks had nothing but linux, and sold fantastically well, hence the market for them now.

Where do you get this stuff from? Pluck it out of your arse? There are barely any celeron netbooks, linux or windows. The very first models were Celeron Ms, but the Atom processor quickly replaced that in all but a few netbooks. What that has to do with linux, I'm not sure. Windows was later offered on those very same machines, and OSX could (pretty easily) be installed on them.

THE company? You mean there is only one linux distro that works on a netbook? So Ubuntu Netbook Remix doesn't work then? What about the SUSE distro? Or the numerous others that run fine on a netbook? What it is saying is that you clearly don't understand linux (or opensource in general, or even hardware).

Yep, says a lot right there.

QUOTE(dudeonline @ Apr 23 2010, 10:29 PM) Whats wrong with just installing Linux once you get it? Its not like having Windows on your netbook costs you any more than without.
Actually, They generally do cost more with windows, as you are paying for the windows license. For example, the current Dell Minis are £20-£50 more expensive with windows as compared to with ubuntu. Similar price differentials with other brands.

Besides, why install linux when you can install OSX? =]

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
Prowler485 said:
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
Doesn't run that well on an Atom with a GMA 950, I have tried it on my MSI Wind and even with low settings you get some lag in the game.

I ran it on my Hackintosh HP Mini perfectly on highest settings, with 30 or so FPS. 945GMA, Atom 1.6.

But then I slapped Windows 7 on it.
I miss my tiny underpowered useless Mac...
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it