Gaming Games for a 7 year old?

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm putting some games for my friend's 7 year old son. He has a 2GB memory card so keep those suggestions coming.

But here are a few notes:
  • He prefers having "easy-to-play" games
  • He doesn't want games that are too difficult
  • You can suggest a multiplayer game, but it shouldn't be complicated or "tough"
  • In Mario Kart, he can get 1st place when very lucky, but most of the time he loses but not always in last place.
  • He dislikes anything with an element of adventure.
Thanks
smile.gif

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
You could try these:

-Warioware: Touched!
-Elf Bowling 1 & 2 (It's got crude toilet humor that might not be suitable for children, but it's more likely than not it won't be noticed. It's just stuff like elves saying "Santa sucks!" and holding up Santa Sucks signs, or elves holding up two crabs and saying "Hey santa, i've got crabs! *Laugh*" or something similar. There IS a part where one elf gets its head pulled off though... :\ But I was like six when I played the game the first time and I just thought that that elf was a robot.)
-Magnetica

Serpent01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my son a DS for his birthday when he was 7. Here are some of his favorite games.

Mario Party DS
His favorite to play multiplayer but he also plays it against the computer and still has fun.

Lego Star Wars (or any other lego games)
He has alot of fun with the lego games. you can even play co-op multiplayer.

New Super Mario Bros
He seems to get frustrated when he keeps losing but he is getting better the more he plays.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Serpent01 said:
I got my son a DS for his birthday when he was 7. Here are some of his favorite games.

Mario Party DS
His favorite to play multiplayer but he also plays it against the computer and still has fun.

Lego Star Wars (or any other lego games)
He has alot of fun with the lego games. you can even play co-op multiplayer.

New Super Mario Bros
He seems to get frustrated when he keeps losing but he is getting better the more he plays.
Set up some cheats for him in New Super mario Bros my boys 6 and thinks the cheats are cool he just goes to the cheat section and turns on or off what he wants so any game could be easier Just show him how to use cheats and he might like more games
Junior Braintraing is another good 1

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Here are some games my 7 year old daughter enjoys that would be good for boys as well:

New Super Mario Bros(I know already mentioned)
Super Princess Peach(I actually found this game fun as well so yeah)
The Legendary Starfy(Sort of a Kirby Type Game)
Kirby's Superstar Ultra(Good port from SNES!)
Sim Animals both the original and Africa
Super Mario 64 DS(Yes I know it's already mentioned as well)
Rhythm Heaven
Taiko No Tatsujn DS and Mecca Taiko No Tatsujin DS(No it's not in english but it's easy enough to play as it's a rhythm game)
Boing Docomodake(Cool little platformer/puzzler, fun stuff)
Mario Kart DS
Any of the Pokemon Games
Scribblenauts(The title screen alone keeps kids busy for a while)
The Legend of Spyro: A new beginning
also Spyro dawn of the dragon and Spryo Eternal Night

that should be a good list of games to get started with.

Ph33rm3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Animal Crossing Wild World fits all of the specifications. It's not too hard, it's not the most adventurous, it's pretty easy, and it's multiplayer over wi-fi, unless you count befriending the villagers.

It's pretty fun. The debt get's insane though, but you don't have to ever pay it off unless you want house space.

If you want him to have a "family friendly" site, Then animalcrossingcommunity.com is good for getting together with people, and getting their friend codes.~~~

Super princess peach. The title is enough said lol.~~~

Hmm... I can't think of non adventurous games. ]: Well I could say RPG's... Okay, any pokemon game, Mario and Luigi bowsers inside story. Those are good for younger audience. They aren't like the world ends with you, really hard adventurous, not laid back, and hectic, and no multiplayer.~~~

W/e I can't think of that many games to suit your demands.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ph33rm3 said:
Super princess peach. The title is enough said lol.~~~

So I'm guessing it's impossible for you to enjoy a game with a female lead? Great chauvinistic qualities you've got there!
It's just a mario game that's been reversed in the roles of who's saving who, sure they have added things to suit peach as the hero but it doesn't make the game any less fun.

steirina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've recently been looking for casual games to pass the time in between the RPG releases on my list, so see if he'll like any of these. They're mostly board games or puzzle games, though.

Meteos
Monopoly [the version you find will probably come with Bobble, Yahtzee and Battleship]
Puyo Pop Fever
Puzzle Bobble
Scrabble

And if he'd like an alternative to Animal Crossing, there's Enchanted Folk and the School of Wizardry/Magician's Quest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone