Gaming Games for a 7 year old?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what's a good game for 7 year olds? The outdoors.

Why are we already poisoning the minds of 7 year olds with video games? Wait until they're like 12 and them introduce them to video games. Until then, let them keep their innocence in the form of playing with regular old toys or whatever.

I don't know if there's much in the way of high quality games that will appeal to a 7 year old.

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
Ph33rm3 said:
Animal Crossing Wild World fits all of the specifications. It's not too hard, it's not the most adventurous, it's pretty easy, and it's multiplayer over wi-fi, unless you count befriending the villagers.

It's pretty fun. The debt get's insane though, but you don't have to ever pay it off unless you want house space.

If you want him to have a "family friendly" site, Then animalcrossingcommunity.com is good for getting together with people, and getting their friend codes.~~~

Super princess peach. The title is enough said lol.~~~

Hmm... I can't think of non adventurous games. ]: Well I could say RPG's... Okay, any pokemon game, Mario and Luigi bowsers inside story. Those are good for younger audience. They aren't like the world ends with you, really hard adventurous, not laid back, and hectic, and no multiplayer.~~~

W/e I can't think of that many games to suit your demands.
ACC sucks balls. Its full of seeders and trolls.

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

Why are we already poisoning the minds of 7 year olds with video games? Wait until they're like 12 and them introduce them to video games. Until then, let them keep their innocence in the form of playing with regular old toys or whatever.

I don't know if there's much in the way of high quality games that will appeal to a 7 year old.

The outdoors are boring. I got my GameBoy Color when I was 5 or 6 and was playing an NES before that!
*returnes to zombing out on Soma Bringer*

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

I don't know if there's much in the way of high quality games that will appeal to a 7 year old.Technology is growing too fast nowadays; going outside is now taboo. My uncle, who was born in the 50's, was probably never inside unless he was eating or sleeping.

QUOTE(macgeek417 @ Jan 18 2010, 06:54 PM) The outdoors are boring. I got my GameBoy Color when I was 5 or 6 and was playing an NES before that!
*returnes to zombing out on Soma Bringer*
No, being outside is not boring. You just do it all wrong.
nyanya.gif

steirina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:

Only if you live in an area where it's actually safe for a seven year-old to venture outdoors alone. If you live in the city and the streets are directly outside the front door, I'd wager that isn't exactly a good idea. xp

Fantasy Freak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zuron7 said:
Why I go every weekday outside for 2 hours and I enjoy.Ussually play with friends.
Video games are booring except for nintendo's.

.... Ummm, are you saying that every game made by Nintendo isn't boring? Are you saying that every game not made by Nintendo is boring? I hope not. In fact, most of the top games right now aren't even made by Nintendo. Eg: Uncharted 2, COD: MW 2. And nobody goes outside anymore, they just stay at home and press the controls on their game consoles like maniacs.

To the person who stated Rhythm Heaven, that game is HARD. I'm 16 and I still haven't completed the game, so don't give it to a seven year old, they'll probably smash their DS on the floor in frustration.

Back on topic, some games that are good:
Cooking Mama (Too easy)
Animal Crossing is okay, too
Super Princess Peach is hilarious

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Fantasy Freak said:
To the person who stated Rhythm Heaven, that game is HARD. I'm 16 and I still haven't completed the game, so don't give it to a seven year old, they'll probably smash their DS on the floor in frustration.

I feel sorry for you, you must have a terrible sense of rhythm! My 7 year old daughter loves to play rhythm heaven even though some of it is pretty hard she never gets frustrated with it.

mightymage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my 5yr old has these games

mario kart
metroid prime hunters beats the hell out of me at it
namco arcade he love pacman
pokemon
bleach
final fantasy 4
zelda spirit tracks
lego rockband

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:

Well that kid does go outdoors, but he likes video gaming a bit more than going to the playgrounds. Did I mention that those playgrounds are infested by chavs???

He doesn't play it that much but he plays it a lot when he sees his friends and cousins play the DSes so it's more of a "If I'm gonna play with them, I gotta have the best games!" kind of thing
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins