Games for 3DS Browser!

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by dmztheone, Jun 18, 2011.

1. dmztheone
    OP

dmztheone Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2010
    United States
    I know that a lot of people know about the 3DS Browser capabilities.. but anyone have tried to do espefic games in JavaScript for 3DS?? I know that we can not use the 3D feature for now, but could it be great :-)

Some simple games can be played with the touch screen (Look - Try Bunny Hunt).

I also believe that for now the apps in javascript exclusively for 3DS can indulge a little will to create 3DS homebrew.

Please, if you find a cool game in javascript share here!! Perhaps even if the game is not 100% compatible with the 3DS we can change the input.

2. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
  3. dmztheone
    OP

dmztheone Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2010
    United States
    Thanks!! :-)

I found a Mario Kart JS (very beta)!! But for now is not working because it is not compatible with
    3DS inputs;

I'm trying to get the libraries and adjusting the inputs;

4. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    You may want to try Kingdom of Loathing. Humorous type of RPG and it should work on most mobile web browsers.

1 person likes this.
  5. The Milkman

The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

Jan 12, 2011
    United States
    Throwing milk at the bitches!
    Dsi cade is pretty cool and most of the games work fine with the 3DS browser.

6. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
  7. ryanttb

ryanttb Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2011
    United States
    Boston, MA
    I am building a 3DS web browser-specific games & apps portal: http://surii.net/

I will have strict requirements for which games I host & how they work to maintain quality control. I will post here when I put some 3DS games in. If you have built a game and would like me to consider hosting it, PM me and we'll talk.

For now, you can check here http://lechuck.trippingthebits.com/3dsTest/ for info from all my random 3DS browser capability testing or this thread http://gbatemp.net/t297229-3ds-web-browser-tricks for more useful, published results as I figure stuff out.

8. ryanttb

ryanttb Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2011
    United States
    Boston, MA
    1 person likes this.
  9. ferofax

ferofax End of the World

Jan 26, 2009
    Philippines
    What the fuck is going on in that thing? :lol:

10. wakarukaya

wakarukaya Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2008
    United States
    Wow! Well done Ryan!

It took me a little while to figure this out, but select light saber or midiclorians then tap something else if you have no idea what to do at the start.

One potential bug: I was trying to navigate the options with the D-pad, but got stuck at the "some kind of thingy with red force fields" part, because all I could select were light saber, midiclorians and the force field thing. I eventually just used the stylus for the rest of it and figured it out though.

11. BenRK

BenRK GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    I've always been fascinated with games though the DS web browser. I actually had most of a chess game written a few years back. Don't ask me to show you, but I gave up when I found out "hey, I don't know how to write a chess AI!" The files have been lost to time anyway.

Makes me a little jealous. My 3DS XL is in for repair, so I can't try out any of this on a system it was meant for.

Oh, and yes, I was one of the 2 people in the USA who bought the DS Web Browser back in 2007. Once I found eBuddy, I used it like crazy!

12. ferofax

ferofax End of the World

Jan 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Now that I've seen that Star Wars thingy, a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure type of game doesn't seem too far off... hell, be nice to be able to play Zork there, with save games/profile support (through login).

13. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    http://thcnet.net/zork/index.php would probably work if the 3DS browser had some way of passing Enters to text fields... :(

14. DaggerV

DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

Dec 3, 2009
    United States
    I've been trifling with java to see just how much I can do with the 3DS but sadly it's just too slow.

15. celcodioc

celcodioc Major A$$hole

Nov 13, 2011
    Tic-Tac-Toe ^^
    Someday, I'm gonna polish the code...

EDIT: I've polished the code a bit, but then I added some new stuff like an easy AI, and I didn't feel like polishing it again.

Licensed under WTFPL.