Hacking Games extracted from wbfs have errors?

Darkstar87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i know TroytheZombie mentioned this previously but no one else seems to have an issue - might be just me......
Okay, I can successfully extract an iso from my wbfs hard drive to my pc using wbfs manager. It's the right size and shows the correct partitions in wiiscrubber. I can burn it successfully with imgburn to known working DVD-R's and then install back to the (now clean) hard drive. At this point however a game that worked fine will stall at the health and safety screen. I've tried this with a few games and wbfs managers and extraction seems to corrupt the iso to some extent.
Why do this? Well, it's a lot quicker to backup an origional by ripping to a hdd and extacting to a pc than using wifi dumping. Has anyone else noticed this or am i missing something obvious (quite likely
unsure.gif
)

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
extract a game to an iso,
do it twice with different names.

then compare the two with a hash/checksum generator.
if they dont match then you have your answer.

i was told soon as wbfs was released that extraction was unreliable on windows, but i cant test that.
(because i'm not using windows - or i'd be like this:
hate2.gif
)
evil.gif

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Darkstar87 said:
Hi, i know TroytheZombie mentioned this previously but no one else seems to have an issue - might be just me......
Okay, I can successfully extract an iso from my wbfs hard drive to my pc using wbfs manager. It's the right size and shows the correct partitions in wiiscrubber. I can burn it successfully with imgburn to known working DVD-R's and then install back to the (now clean) hard drive. At this point however a game that worked fine will stall at the health and safety screen. I've tried this with a few games and wbfs managers and extraction seems to corrupt the iso to some extent.
Why do this? Well, it's a lot quicker to backup an origional by ripping to a hdd and extacting to a pc than using wifi dumping. Has anyone else noticed this or am i missing something obvious (quite likely
unsure.gif
)

How did u add the ISO to the WBFS partition?

USB Loader ?
USB Loader 1.1 ?
USB Loader 1.4 ?
PC ?

Darkstar87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Added with usb loader 1.1 but i've read now that there was some concern that it dumped fast and maybe missed some data. It seems loader 1.4 dumps to the hdd slower, i'll mess about with a few games (and maybe linux) and see what happens.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Darkstar87 said:
Added with usb loader 1.1 but i've read now that there was some concern that it dumped fast and maybe missed some data. It seems loader 1.4 dumps to the hdd slower, i'll mess about with a few games (and maybe linux) and see what happens.

well i read that 1.1 and 1.4 do have problems with dumping. I use 1.0. Had no issues yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8