Hardware Games crashing

sharaku17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So i have been asking around the forum the last few days, im sure some of you already saw it, as i could not fix the problem i think a own thread is necesarry to discuss this.

I have been trying to fix a switch console the past few days without any luck.
I bought a switch which was specified as having a faulty game card reader.
After getting the switch I noticed that cardridges inserted in the switch are recognized and I can start them but 4 out of 5 times the game crashes right away with the following error „the software was closed because of an error“
But 1 out of 5 times the game actually plays. I can’t say if it might crash at a later point in the game.
(this happened with Xenoblade cardridge) ( fifa 18 as a cardridge happens to play 4 out of 5 times)

So to find out if it was really the card readers fault I loaded hekate and made a backup and then loaded ReiNX with some nsp I got from cdnsp
What I found out is that a few games like Celeste,hollowknight and super Mario tennis play just fine without any problems at all
But a bunch of other games have the exact same behavior as with the legit cardridges and they keep crashing at the start with the same error
I tried RajNX afterwards to make sure it is not caused by the cfw but it’s the same behavior.

I don’t know what other hardware could cause this type of effect apart maybe from some memory reading or smth.
I have also tried to downgrade to fw 5.0.2 with ChoiDujourNX and then update to 5.1.0 to have a clean firmeware in case the software in the switch was somewhat corrupted as i thought it could be software related and some partition on the NAND is corrupted, but it didnt fix the problem aswell
My last idea is to take my other switchs working RawNand dump and inject the faultys switch biskeys into that Nand dump and then restore it on the faulty switch. But im not sure how to do that or if it would be unnecessary as doing the firmware updates with ChoiDujourNX does maybe the same?
Im not to sure about this.
Has anyone else maybe just a slight guess what could be the cause for this weird behavior?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TheZander @ TheZander:
    fuck that
    Gift
  • TheZander @ TheZander:
    do you by who?
    Gift
  • TheZander @ TheZander:
    did you have streetpass acticvated?
    Gift
  • TheZander @ TheZander:
    do you the mac id so you can scan all nearby wifi points?
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    me, a muslim dying from a plane crashing into me would be sad irony
    Gift
  • Gift
  • TheZander @ TheZander:
    a person had their ds stolen and youre going on about irony
    Gift
    youre acting like a ds being stolen is some sort of tragic event that no one should ever joke about
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Any way to get the stuff available over mystery gift in brilliant diamond / shining pearl on a modded switch?
    +1
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    since, like... connecting to the internet with it isn't the best idea
    +1
    Gift
    play a better game ;o;
    Gift
  • Gift
  • TheZander @ TheZander:
    were you even joking about the ds? also a stolen ds is a huge tragedy. I'm beginning
    to wonder where your priorities lie
    +2
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Ophelia_Later @ Ophelia_Later:
    TheZander
    @ TheZander: were you even joking about the ds? also a stolen ds is a huge tragedy. I'm beginningto wonder where your priorities lie
    Gift
  • Ophelia_Later @ Ophelia_Later:
    not a joke it was stolen and yes streetpass was turned on but i don't have a mac id or any clue of who did it. is there any hope of getting it back ive invested over $1,000 in it
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    This mac n cheese is bad
    +1
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    how tf do you invest over a grand in a DS?

Signed, someone who has invested over $700 in a mechanical keyboard
    +1
    Gift
    ive broken 4 digits
    Gift
    (ok, not me technically, since i myself didnt spend the money,my parents did, but still)
    Gift
    also on a related note, i should start treating my keyboard better, my friend saw my keyboard while visiting my house and he said "holy shit why is it this dirty do you like shove it up your ass right after you clean it or something"
    Gift
  • KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie:
    Lol you'd imagine anyone that can put 1k towards a ds would have fuck it money and just buy it again
    Gift
    (and for those of you wondering, no i dont shove it up my ass i just eat while gaming)
    Gift
  • KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie:
    I swear some of these new users are duplicate accounts just to troll the shitbox lol
    Gift
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: I swear some of these new users are duplicate accounts just to troll the shitbox lol