NULL

Games Crash

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by PalmPanda, Jul 1, 2018.

1. PalmPanda
    OP

PalmPanda Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2018
    United States
    I'm having issues with games crashing using sx os. Typically they crash during or right after the switch loading screen. I figure it can't be an sd card issue since I've never had any issues with my 128 GB Sandisk USH-I card, but just to check I tried using my 64 GB Sandisk class 10 card. On both cards the games are crashing so I'm guessing it may be the backups, however many other people are not having any issues with the same backups. Any ideas on what I can do? I'm kind of at a loss as I've tried different backups and also tried re-downloading them as well.

Edit: I'm also on FW 5.1.0 if thats relevant.

Last edited by PalmPanda, Jul 1, 2018
  2. kornychaos

kornychaos Organized.

Jul 7, 2007
    United States
    Try dumping one of your own, legit, games instead of a download and see if that works.

3. PalmPanda
    OP

PalmPanda Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2018
    United States
    Looks like I need to buy a game cart lol, I've only ever used the eShop for my games.

4. json

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Did you copy multiple games in parallel? Try formatting and have just ONE game on SD. See if that still crashes

Darth Meteos and peteruk like this.
  5. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Buy a cheap used game from Gamestop, dump it, and return it.

6. elm

elm GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 20, 2007
    United States
    A lot of people forget, but my local library has a lot of Switch games and it’s easy to check them out and copy them.

7. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Yeah honestly I had forgotten about the games in your local library.

8. LightOffPro

LightOffPro ユキオクン

Jun 10, 2016
    Portugal
    In Papa Rei's closet.
    Gamestop allows that? Gamestop no longer exists in my country, but the policy on games here is that if the game has been opened (out of the plastic wrapper) it cannot be returned.

9. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Used games don't have a plastic wrapper.

10. PalmPanda
    OP

PalmPanda Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2018
    United States
    I tried this and it still won't load. I'm gonna try re-downloading the game again to see if that works.

11. PalmPanda
    OP

PalmPanda Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2018
    United States
    Re-downloaded Skyrim on a separate computer and its working fine so far. Don't know whats different but I'm glad it's working now.

12. lostalice

lostalice Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2018
    United States
    probs got a virus

13. PalmPanda
    OP

PalmPanda Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2018
    United States
    Crap you think? I was gonna re-install windows on that machine soon anyways.

14. lostalice

lostalice Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2018
    United States
    in guessing something is is happening to your data when you transfer it over that it is effect the files

PalmPanda likes this.
  15. PalmPanda
    OP

PalmPanda Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2018
    United States
    Funny you say that because I would get a pop-up message I disregarded mid-way during transfers... Looks like I know what I'm doing tomorrow lol. Thanks for the insight.

ABigMoustache likes this.
  16. ABigMoustache

ABigMoustache GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2016
    Colombia
    Also, remember to eject the card before taking it out.. If there's any other software using it, your data might get corrupt

PalmPanda likes this.
  17. Joef112

Joef112 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2018
    Antarctica
    I seem to be having an issue with skyrim atm. I am using layeredfs to spoof it as pinball fx3 and it worked great up til recently where no I can't save without the game fully crashing. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I have tried the usual reinstall spoofing as a different game but issue still persists

Last edited by Joef112, Jul 10, 2018