Gamers interested in Game Theory?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Lucifer666, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Lucifer666
    OP

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    I'm writing a maths research paper on game theory and my topic of choice is video games.

As part of the process I'm looking for a 'consultant' to contact and seek advice from.

Really, I'm just looking for someone other than myself who is experienced with video games (i.e. 99.99% of the demographic of this site, LOL) and who is interested in contributing this experience/knowledge into a maths exploration. This person will be credited by name (or username or anything else, etc. if they wish to remain anonymous)

Said person does not need to have any in-depth knowledge on game theory save for a basic understanding of what it is. I'll only be asking him/her a few questions on, for example, which video games exhibit a certain strategy X and would therefore act as a good subject for my research. That sort of thing. Nothing extensive.

Anyone interested in helping this lost soul out? It's a good and easy way to have your name associated with someone else's academic works too so :yay:

Margen67 and VinsCool like this.
  2. EMP Knightmare

EMP Knightmare Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)

May 3, 2010
    United States
    New York
    Sure why not, I'll help as much as I can. Even though I have no idea what I'm in for . . . . . just sounds fun ^_^

3. Lucifer666
    OP

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    OK cool! That was quick. I'll just take note of your username and PM you over the span of the next few days

Thanks dude.

(Even though I only really need 1 if anyone else is interested I'll still consider it, the more the merrier I guess)

VinsCool likes this.
  4. EMP Knightmare

EMP Knightmare Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)

May 3, 2010
    United States
    New York
    Saw it on the frontpage, read it and thought sure why not ^_^

Margen67 likes this.
  5. emirof

emirof GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2005
    Sounds interesting! Feel free to contact me too :) /engineer

Margen67 likes this.
  6. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    I think a survey would be a good way to get input from several sources.

Anywhoo, I have a basic understanding of what game theory is. Feel free to ask me some questions (so long as I don't have to write out essays in response). Won't be able to answer questions right now but will be able to in ~12 hours or so.

Margen67 likes this.