Hardware GamePad does rattle noises and has charging problems...

MaxiGamer™

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, peeps!

This morning, while I was surfing the Internet with the Wii U browser, my GamePad stopped charging. I thought that it couldn't be already done since I've just plugged it about an hour ago. I unplugged it and replugged it and... nothing.
To be sure that nothing was wrong, I went to the HOME menu and noticed that even if the GamePad was currently plugged to the wall, the battery showed me that it had only 3 bars left.

I did some research on Google about the subject, bewildered. I tried eveything until I shook the GamePad and noticed a rattling noise on the right side. While I was gently shaking the GamePad in every direction, I noticed that the "Battery" light was sometimes turning orange when the GamePad's screen was facing down or in a angle of approx. 85º towards me...

I think something in my GamePad in broken, causing the recharging almost impossible.

If any of you has any suggestions that could help me, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

loco365

Trophies
XP
If you have warranty, send it in. If you're running a hacked console, well, you don't have warranty. It does seem, though, that perhaps a connector has come loose. I've never disassembled my Wii U controller, but yeah, send it in if you can.

Reactions: MaxiGamer™

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a cradle, see if you can charge it with a cradle. If you don't have a cradle (and you should have one unless you have one of the original white 8gb systems), it would still be much cheaper to get one than if you have to pay for a repair/replacement of the gamepad once it's out of warranty.

From the way you describe things, like how you hold it can affect whether it charges or not, makes it sound similar to a problem I've had on a lot of electronics, where the solder on the power jack has failed and no longer makes proper contact. The cradle uses completely different contact points, so if that's indeed what's going wrong, it should be able to bypass the problem.

Reactions: MaxiGamer™

MaxiGamer™

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll try it with the cradle latter. For the moment, the GamePad charges if I lay it on a flat surface without doing too much vibrations around it. Thank you, anyways! :)

EDIT: It won't charge on the cradle either... My warranty's done since 5 days ago... I don't have the money for a repair or a new console... Well, that's no fun!

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
too bad about the cradle. You may want to try contacting nintendo anyway, sometimes you luck out and they'll repair stuff free even if you're slightly out of warranty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1