Deleted User

I think menudo = dead OR soulanger is dead OR wait until 2020 for a release

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
squirrelman10 said:
1st time i tried the captcha did not show up, so now trying this time it keeps saying my password is too short and i use the max characters so idk what to do
There is some bug with the registration. Enter your username and password into the login fields on the right, too and it should work.

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
its a good menu for any flashcart
but its pissing me of that its not yet released
JUST RELEASE THE DAMN THING
and if its not ready yet, just make different versions (0.1 - 0.2)
like the supercard team did (anticipated dstwo got released earlier without all features and now they are releasing the features)

player1244

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I downloaded menuDO and it is awesome! But I can't get the commercial ROM loading to work on my AK2i
frown.gif

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
player1244 said:
I downloaded menuDO and it is awesome! But I can't get the commercial ROM loading to work on my AK2i
frown.gif

1. save this as nds.ini in LF
CODEloadHomebrewAsWell=0
loaderPath=fat:/d_system/loaders/loader_extlink.nds
iniPath=fat:/loadfile.dat

#%s means normal path
#%x means 8dot3 path
#CONTENTS#
/%s
/%x
2. put mshl2wrap.ini,nds.inilink.nds,inilink.ini to /moonshl2/extlink/
3. put loader_extlink.nds(dscoveredloader) to /d_system/loaders/

or you can set loader_akaio.nds...

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Any chances on running MenuDo on an old Ninjapass 9x Flash card?
sad.gif

So far the last time I tried running ysmenu, it loaded but gave a FAT_DLDI error.

D

Deleted User

twiztidsinz said:
Want Menudo? Google it.
You'll find it on pastebin.com
You're an absolute saviour, twiztidsinz. funny how menudo just 'vanished', eh?

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go ahead and use the leak, We honestly don't care anymore, We're just not supporting it and I'm stopping my support for the product as of earlier (about 2 months ago), I have alot of stuff on my mind that I have to take care of and I'm done trying to support people who just don't care about the developers lives at all.

As I said, be my guest, Use said leak, community support is here. I'm not officially endorsing the use of a leak, and I'm not saying not to, I'm just saying that we don't really care anymore, we've known about it for months now.

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ShadowEO said:
Go ahead and use the leak, We honestly don't care anymore, We're just not supporting it and I'm stopping my support for the product as of earlier (about 2 months ago), I have alot of stuff on my mind that I have to take care of and I'm done trying to support people who just don't care about the developers lives at all.

As I said, be my guest, Use said leak, community support is here. I'm not officially endorsing the use of a leak, and I'm not saying not to, I'm just saying that we don't really care anymore, we've known about it for months now.
It's not that we don't care, it's just that it's starting to piss us off, that's all. I don't have anything against you at all, I'm just clarifying that up.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is that people are making a huge deal out of him working on his school work rather than working to finish a project that started as a hobby. It's made him get depressive whenever the name is typed up and he avoids the subject now, but in time, I believe he will in-fact pick it back up, which is why I technically did a almost-end-of-life support thing for the longest time. I really wanted this project to succeed, it has alot of potential but people couldn't let a life happen. I'm not specifically pointing people out, I'm just saying that that is why the flame in us has died out as much as it has.

-EDIT: I am glad to see some people having a civilized conversation with me about it at least instead of just bitching more saying that I need to fuck off or things like that. If only this had happened before hand. Thank you for talking to me like a human being instead of some overtheinternet slave.

If you guys want the project back, start trying to get your positive feedbacks to soulanger, maybe the positivity(word?) may inspire him to start the project back up. He always said that he was afraid people wouldn't like it once it got released, but if you guys tell him what you think of it, it might inspire him. Just no bug reports... We already know all the bugs in the build you guys have... (May 5) Technically then, you guys could consider this your demo.

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ShadowEO said:
The thing is that people are making a huge deal out of him working on his school work rather than working to finish a project that started as a hobby. It's made him get depressive whenever the name is typed up and he avoids the subject now, but in time, I believe he will in-fact pick it back up, which is why I technically did a almost-end-of-life support thing for the longest time. I really wanted this project to succeed, it has alot of potential but people couldn't let a life happen. I'm not specifically pointing people out, I'm just saying that that is why the flame in us has died out as much as it has.

-EDIT: I am glad to see some people having a civilized conversation with me about it at least instead of just bitching more saying that I need to fuck off or things like that. If only this had happened before hand. Thank you for talking to me like a human being instead of some overtheinternet slave.
I guess I'm used to acting civilized 8D
Any-who, more seriously, that's one thing I did not know. I understand though. Being pressured by people you don't even know is, well, really harsh. I agree that the project being on a hiatus this abruptly sucks, but well, it's all for the best. But, to be honest, I'd be surprised anyone would care to use Menudo in the future (well, apart from the occasional noob). Again, I've nothing against the project and the team, but still.
I guess it's best for him to "officially" abandon the project and work on something else. Not pushing you all to be thinking up of something awesome right off the bat, I'm just suggesting something that might help a bit.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just posted a wall post for him telling him some of the comments of this thread. Maybe he might get inspired. I mean, I'm not even sure if he has dropped it or not. I'm just assuming he hasn't. But I'm glad people are understanding this now. The only reason I stopped supporting it was because I tried to explain to people and they just didn't care. Tbh, I was coming into this thread thinking it was gonna be yet another hate thread, but it wasn't and it makes me glad to see that people are liking the project. I would like to thank Xenon++ for his WAIO, without that, you guys couldn't use WoodR4 as a loader (Which is possible, I figured it out, but I forgot to upload what I had and it got Del'd), Also Xenon, thanks for keeping some support up. I just can't do it much anymore. I don't browse too much anymore, I've just been lurking on IRC.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
People stopped supporting it because they felt cheated. People got promised a release, donated money for it, and didn't get it.

Thus the shitstorm.

An easy way to avoid it is to not make any promises.

Put up a donate link AFTER it's been released, and see how many donations you get. You might be surprised how much happier people are with donating to a project they actually have in their hands...

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, and most of those promises were me getting over excited and posting before I had too much information, we all agreed about the donation thing that it was too early, tbh we weren't expecting anyone to click it and it said Feel Free to donate, at first we never said anything about donating for the project, just donating to the site. But that isn't where the problem began, the first thread about the project on this forum was nothing but flames, 199+ pages of nothing but flame. Honestly, me and soul had been talking and didn't know whether or not this leak was a blessing or a curse. But if he does decide to pick it back up, it won't be because of me or any other one of the testers, it would most likely be because of the comments like those of the people above, he likes to know that people are enjoying his software. But he stopped lurking here and on IRC a while ago. I already accepted full responsibility for the pre-emptive promises, Those were my fault. But people, if you do somehow manage to get him back to this project somehow, through your comments or whathaveyou, I would like to know who the original leaker was so that I could converse with them. I'm not angry, I'm more of a happy, it's my thought that this leak was a blessing in disguise, and it might still turn out so.

MilkPSP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was banned from the menuDO IRC channel
blink.gif
Well, think of it think way, the project is extremely good and has a lot of things on it, so we can wait, because I'm sure everyone will be using this, so I think we can wait, and if he has to do his school work, he should put it into prority, we can't stop him, it's more important. And to tell you the truth, in my opinion, the leak was a good thing. It showed how hard he was working, and if we waited a little longer we could get a great project. We'll just have to wait longer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld