GCN GameCube is dead, maybe someone has a clue why?

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I started playing a game on my Game Cube but i stopped playing after a minute (didnt even enter the game itself) and pressed the reset button).
Later when i wanted to play again the gamecube did nothing. The red power LED doesnt light up and i dont get any signal on my tv (stays black) BUT i can hear the fan spinning. Also the disc doesn't spin. I already disassembled it to check if some wires are broken or some connectors became loose but couldnt find anything. It does nothing but spinning the fan now. Maybe someone can give me a hint what it could be. Maybe it's a know issue?
Thx for your help.

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for your help, didn't help to clean it from dust. I completely disassembled it and reassembled it to check if there became any wire loose but it still wont work. Now i bought a replacement one with a defect laser (since i know that my laser is fine) and i will try to swap my drive into it and see if it works then.

roguetrip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember reading about bad solder connections on the power supply, I can't remember if it was in the power brick or in the cube. Maybe someone else has a better memory of it.

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i also thought about the power supply (brick) first. But the fan is still running. Maybe it's just partially broken ... but i have no chance to measure it because i dont have the tools. Maybe i should have tried with another powersupply first ^^. Thx for the hint ill check that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: