Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
spliff007 said:
i did all right...

Tried to install with MIOSPatchingWADInstaller, RVL-mios-v5.wad.out in root of SDcard
And tried to install with WADManager, RVL-mios-v5.wad.out in WAD folder of SDcard

Few people got errors with MIOSPatchingWADInstaller, so they try with WADManager, then re-try with MIOSPatchingWADInstaller and it works for dem, but not for me...
cry.gif
It doesn't work for me either
frown.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use wad manager 1.21, not 1.1 to install the MIOS
if it wont let you, it must be because you have no cIOS installed
but I dont know, its never happened to me
then try to patch

also,
make sure the end of the file is ".wad.out.wad"

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
noobwarrior7 said:
use wad manager 1.21, not 1.1 to install the MIOS
if it wont let you, it must be because you have no cIOS installed
but I dont know, its never happened to me
then try to patch

also,
make sure the end of the file is ".wad.out.wad"
Updating WAD Manager and first installing the wad made it work, thanks.

Damn, I feel stupid now... Oh well, off to dump a GC-game
biggrin.gif

Jm9760

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
Jm9760 said:
I'm confused. Why can't the gamecube homebrew launcher be used to launch GCOS to run a backup off of a disc? Why is an sdgecko required?

it can't simply because it has not been made to do so, you're welcome to try and make it happen, and sd gecko is NOT required in v2, it can run from front sd slot.

So what your saying is I can put Gamecube iso's onto my sd card and load them from there without an sdgecko? I thought the from sd slot wasn't available in gamecube mode.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jm9760 said:
noobwarrior7 said:
Jm9760 said:
I'm confused. Why can't the gamecube homebrew launcher be used to launch GCOS to run a backup off of a disc? Why is an sdgecko required?

it can't simply because it has not been made to do so, you're welcome to try and make it happen, and sd gecko is NOT required in v2, it can run from front sd slot.

So what your saying is I can put Gamecube iso's onto my sd card and load them from there without an sdgecko? I thought the from sd slot wasn't available in gamecube mode.

yes, you are right, sorry I jumped the gun and didnt read all of your question, I thought u just wanted to load homebrew without sd gecko...
you do still need it once you boot GCOS to load backups, sorry to get your hopes up.

spliff007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
noobwarrior7 said:
it must be because you have no cIOS installed

yes!!!!
it works now, i installed cIOS v5 for backup loader then install/uninstall MIOS v5 with wadmanager, then MIOSinstaller works!

thanks for tips!

danielou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi !

How to install a normal mios after ?
If after installing the patched mios, can i continue to use gamecube disc on the disc channel ?

thanks

Excuse my poor english i'm french.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
danielou said:
hi !

How to install a normal mios after ?
If after installing the patched mios, can i continue to use gamecube disc on the disc channel ?

thanks

Excuse my poor english i'm french.
When using the newest version GameCube discs still work from the disc channel. If you still want to uninstall the patched MIOS, you can do so via the installation program, which gives you the option to remove the patched MIOS and replace it by the original one.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
danielou said:
The original is on the Super mario galaxy or SSBB ?
Can I continue to use Wii Disc ?
The original file is on the Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart Wii-disc. I haven't tried with SSBB.

Running Wii discs also still works; nothing is changed on the Wii-side at all.
QUOTE(danielou @ Oct 4 2008, 12:04 PM) would that like to say that the disc wii would not function any more?
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Wii discs still work, if that's what you're trying to ask.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
yes. u need an sd gecko definitely though.

once you can run gamecube homebrew you can run sd-boot, which lets you boot gamecube isos from SD card.

compatability is so-so but mostly unknown.

personally i havent been able to get any games to run, but others claim they have.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
yes. u need an sd gecko definitely though.

once you can run gamecube homebrew you can run sd-boot, which lets you boot gamecube isos from SD card.

compatability is so-so but mostly unknown.

personally i havent been able to get any games to run, but others claim they have.

THere is one game of Gamecube I been dying to play. SD Gundam Gashapon , but it's out of print. I found a ISO download. Now I just hope to find a way to play it.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is, SD-boot was designed to run on gamecube.

even still, various gamecube models had compatability problems.

now we hit wii, not much testing has been done. some people who got it working on a few games posted on tehskeen.

I don't know if i'm doing it wrong but it always tells me to please insert the disk, or black screens the wii when i try to boot a game.

I'm just hoping that future versions of SD-boot work out for me
smile.gif

Methos3

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried runnimg MIOSPatchingWADInstaller through the HBC but everytime I do It tells me "This is not a valdi wii application" can someone help me?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no cause this is dead, wii can't launch original gc games like cfg or any usb loader.. when it tries it kills the usb an every thing wii related.. so as of now you can use swiss, or buy retail games.. or a wode.. that it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5