Hacking Gamecube Homebrew Launcher

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OneUp said:
This will not allow you to use GCOS to boot gamecube games. If you have a modchip you should already be able to boot GCOS multiboot games and all. If you want to boot GC backups, you would need SDBoot for a SDGecko or a clone of it, or USBBoot if you have an USBGecko.
I have a modchip, yes I can boot multigames, but it would be nice if I could just insert a Japanese original game and play it instead of first inserting Freeloader or a GCOS disc and then swap it for the Japanese original. (If I boot the game without GCOS or Freeloader the display mode is wrong.)

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miles said:
OneUp said:
This will not allow you to use GCOS to boot gamecube games. If you have a modchip you should already be able to boot GCOS multiboot games and all. If you want to boot GC backups, you would need SDBoot for a SDGecko or a clone of it, or USBBoot if you have an USBGecko.
So If I get SD Boot, SD Load, and an SD Gecko I can boot GC backups?

You need an SDGecko for SDLoad, a USBGecko for USBBoot. If I were you get the SDGecko, its cheaper, only $15, and has better speed and compatability than USBBoot v2.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a program other than trucha signer or wiiscrubber that would work? My pc is giving the "Send or Don't Send" error message every time I try to open my dumped galaxy disc. The scrubber will open it, but won't do anything else. Trucha crashes the instant that I say open.

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious about trying this program but I was interested in what gamecube homebrew would be useful and what you could do that wii homebrew couldn't already.

I have a modchip so I don't need this to load backups through SD/USB Gecko or anything like that. I'm just curious about any good emulators or other useful software.

I know that there is a GC Neo Geo CD emulator that hasn't been ported to Wii and it works great. But I already have a 2 DVD's with the complete set of games that boot up as custom DVD's.

So is there anything else I could use it for? Not a lot of info I could find about old GC homebrew.

Arceles

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
It is not exactly useful for you... it is useful for the people who doesn't have modchip and want to use GC homebrew (because there was no form to enter the GC before except adquiring a modchip)

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jademalo said:
im getting an error.. it says failed -1 mor something, then goes back to the HBC. then, when i run GCBoot, it doesnt load my dol.

help?

do_wad() failed with rv -1

Don't know exactly what I did, but I overcame this problem. I installed/uninstalled the wad file using wad manager. I then took the wad and put it back on the root and tried to run the patcher again, and it worked.

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kakarotto said:
anyone tried this one and the Backup Loader?

could be some problem installing both of them?
They don't interfere with each other. Gamecube Homebrew Launcher switches to gamecube mode, whereas the backup launcher is in wii mode (thus you can't run gamecube backups with it yet).

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
rv -1 error means that you don't have the right version of MIOS installed. Install the v5 one with WAD Manager first, and then follow the normal install procedure for this hack.

GCOS doesn't boot backups on unmodded wii.

SDload works perfect.

SDboot works, but i haven't been able to successfully boot any backups with it yet. However i have heard multiple people claiming that it works for them (Might be a wii model problem or a setup problem of mine)

kakarotto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
gumbyscout said:
kakarotto said:
anyone tried this one and the Backup Loader?

could be some problem installing both of them?
They don't interfere with each other. Gamecube Homebrew Launcher switches to gamecube mode, whereas the backup launcher is in wii mode (thus you can't run gamecube backups with it yet).

ok thanks.

i'm gonna recieving the SDGecko probably tomorrow, so i'll try gamecube backup on my wii(no modchip)+GHL+SDGecko and SdBoot

Here http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_tutorial-ca...d-gecko_1093742 they say it's working.

Mr-Kory

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OSW said:
rv -1 error means that you don't have the right version of MIOS installed. Install the v5 one with WAD Manager first, and then follow the normal install procedure for this hack.

GCOS doesn't boot backups on unmodded wii.

SDload works perfect.

SDboot works, but i haven't been able to successfully boot any backups with it yet. However i have heard multiple people claiming that it works for them (Might be a wii model problem or a setup problem of mine)

ive gotten SD-boot to load but it fails to read my card, could be the fact it is an SD media launcher not a SD Gecko or just my wii doesnt want to.

kakarotto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i've tried the latest version of SdBOOT(4,8beta,slot B) on my wii(not modded)+GamecubeLauncher+wiikeySD(i think it's identical to SdGecko)
+Panasonic Sd 4class, 2 Gb. I've the DvdX library installed for the WiiLoader(it means they don't interfere)

GamecubeHomebrewLauncher Run only at 480i

SdBoot works. These are the game i've tried for now

-OnePieceGrandAventure USA. Works well

-Luigi Mansion usa. Stop at the first NINTENDO screen

-Beach spikers. Doesnt' boot

-Crazy Taxi. Boots, it stops cause of an error

All the iso i've tried have been SHRINKED with GCM Shrinker 0,5 , i've not tried to change the setup in the SDBOOT program, i've left it default.

I'll try other settings, including the use of the prepatcher included in SDBOOT4,8

PS: The HBC 0,8 beta will not boot homebrew till you have a gamecube memorycard insert in slot B

Mr-Kory

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if anyone can get SD media launcher working with SD boot let me know i really want to play pikmin 2

spliff007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OSW said:

hi, got the -1 error (-1017 error is write before) when i try to install RVL-mios-v5.wad.out.wad with MIOSPatchingWADInstaller...

so i try to install RVL-mios-v5.wad.out.wad with WADManager (tried v1.21 and WAD Installer 1.1 too....)
it won't work too, i got error -1035 ...

Someone can help me?? (and certainly some people too)
I got 3.3E PAL Wii...

Jm9760

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused. Why can't the gamecube homebrew launcher be used to launch GCOS to run a backup off of a disc? Why is an sdgecko required?

spliff007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
huumm read somewhere that wii 3.3 update seems block any MIOS modification...
mad.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jm9760 said:
I'm confused. Why can't the gamecube homebrew launcher be used to launch GCOS to run a backup off of a disc? Why is an sdgecko required?

it can't simply because it has not been made to do so, you're welcome to try and make it happen, and sd gecko is NOT required in v2, it can run from front sd slot.

QUOTE(spliff007 @ Oct 3 2008, 09:57 AM) huumm read somewhere that wii 3.3 update seems block any MIOS modification...
mad.gif

you read wrong
it did some small modification to MIOS

homebrew programs still does the same syscalls they did,
and the syscalls still work,
and with the right syscalls you can do whatever you want.

3.3 mainly blocked a bug, a bug that allows us to alter disc content, and also allows us to make the sysmenu think unofficial channels are official.

spliff007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
noobwarrior, do you know solution to install custom MIOS for me??

I got errors when i try to install RVL-mios-v5.wad.out.wad (extracted by myself from Mario Galaxy PAL with WUFE)
with MIOSPatchingWADInstaller or WADManager...

I searched all over the net a solution but can't found anybody who got same problem...

spliff007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i did all right...

Tried to install with MIOSPatchingWADInstaller, RVL-mios-v5.wad.out in root of SDcard
And tried to install with WADManager, RVL-mios-v5.wad.out in WAD folder of SDcard

Few people got errors with MIOSPatchingWADInstaller, so they try with WADManager, then re-try with MIOSPatchingWADInstaller and it works for dem, but not for me...
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: