Hacking Gamecube Games on Nvidia Shield Are Emulated.

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As reported by USGamer, users have decrypted the APK of twilight princess and found that it loads an "emulator". Other evidence consists of crashes that occur in the original versions in the game but don't in dolphin or the Nvidia version.

Gamecube games on the switch are all but confirmed at this point. In terms of hacking, the emulator is probably not incorporated in the switch already like the Wii but will come packaged with the games. The emulator on the Nvidia shield is already reportedly more stable than dolphin.
What are your thoughts? Do you think they would include gamecube games in their subscription plan or maybe a separate service like game pass or psnow?

Last edited by GoldenBullet,

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Other proof consists of crashes that occur in the original versions in the game but don't in dolphin or the Nvidia version.
How is that proof? I’m not saying it’s not emulated, but if crashes occur in the original versions but not in Nvidia or Dolphin, it may as well mean that Dolphin implements fixes and the Nvidia version is fixed and re-compiled for android.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's a good chance that the Gamecube emulator is developed by Nintendo Europe Research Division (NERD).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_European_Research_&_Development

Being able to poke around at an official Nintendo developed emulator could mean huge progress for Dolphin emulator, as they'll be able to look at what Nintendo is doing, then look at what they're doing.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the switch is weaker than the shield tv...the shield has eight cores, 4 clocked at 2.2Ghz and 4 clocked at 2.0Ghz, wherever the switch only has 4 clocked at 1.0Ghz, not to mention the underclocked tegra x1 gpu...

An gamecube virtual console could still be possible, but dont expect anything greatter than 720p on both docked and/or undocked mode, even more, i highly doubt undocked mode would be able to run gamecube games at 720p at all, considering it underclocks the gpu even more.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
As reported by USGamer, users have decrypted the APK of twilight princess and found that it loads an "emulator". Other proof consists of crashes that occur in the original versions in the game but don't in dolphin or the Nvidia version.

Gamecube games on the switch are all but confirmed at this point. In terms of hacking, the emulator is probably not incorporated in the switch already like the Wii but will come packaged with the games. The emulator on the Nvidia shield is already reportedly more stable than dolphin.
What are your thoughts? Do you think they would include gamecube games in their subscription plan or maybe a separate service like game pass or psnow?

Why would they do it in a subscription plan? Why not just sell the games separately... Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the OFFICIAL releases ran better than emulated. (Notice the word...) It's why I hope Canoe gets reverse engineered. :o

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You guys just should get a wiiu if you are crazy about (kind of) portable GC gaming. Is cheaper than the Switch plus runs almost every Nintendo Home/Portable console games, including N64 and NDS games.

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Most of users plays handhelds just for off-tv gaming and not on-the-go, something that the wiiu alreally offers.
Again. No... Not the same thing and that's subjective thinking. Not going to needlessly spend money to have illegal access to Nintendo's backlog of titles when I can do that just fine on my PC..

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As reported by USGamer, users have decrypted the APK of twilight princess and found that it loads an "emulator". Other proof consists of crashes that occur in the original versions in the game but don't in dolphin or the Nvidia version.

>what are your thoughts

wew here come the injections !

also how did they come up with up with a better emulator when dolphin has been in development forever

what do they have access to that makes them able to make a better emulator so quickly, yeah i know they designed the chip and it is probably optimized to only run on that one specific chip as opposed to dolphin which runs on any android with powerful enough hardware but is there anything else?

Spectral Blizzard

GBATemp's Only Racist Stereotypical Feminist
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>what are your thoughts

wew here come the injections !

also how did they come up with up with a better emulator when dolphin has been in development forever

what do they have access to that makes them able to make a better emulator so quickly, yeah i know they designed the chip and it is probably optimized to only run on that one specific chip as opposed to dolphin which runs on any android with powerful enough hardware but is there anything else?
They're fucking Nintendo.
They can do ANYTHING.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
But the switch is weaker than the shield tv...the shield has eight cores, 4 clocked at 2.2Ghz and 4 clocked at 2.0Ghz, wherever the switch only has 4 clocked at 1.0Ghz, not to mention the underclocked tegra x1 gpu...

An gamecube virtual console could still be possible, but dont expect anything greatter than 720p on both docked and/or undocked mode, even more, i highly doubt undocked mode would be able to run gamecube games at 720p at all, considering it underclocks the gpu even more.
Extra arm cores aren't going to help lol. The system has the same GPU and that's what's important.
Consider also the Switch isn't burdened by the bloated Android OS so it can do more with less clock speed.

Last edited by zoogie,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ability to use the GameCube SDK

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ability to use the GameCube SDK
oh right that whole emulators being above board thing
wel with all the SDK being leaked i wonder why we do not see blackhat emulators that use official SDK code
i mean there are sites that host roms what is to stop someone from making an emulator that uses official SDK code and just making anon leaks and having it hosted on warez sites , how many past emulator have we seen like this if any i wonder
has this ever happened before in the history of emulation?

Last edited by weatMod,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.