Hacking GameCube Games Now Possible Through USB?!

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Sorry for the misleading title.

I, like many other users, have the newer drive which prevents reading of backup games. So, as a solution many of us use a USBLoader. The only issue, is that people that have the same drive can't play backups of their GameCube games. I did some searching and found "WBFS Manager 4.0". It SUPPORTS GameCube Games! I Immediately did a test, and it added on to my HDD just fine (Unlike 3.0). The only issue NOW is that I can't find a working loader that suppors GC Games.

Anyone have a suggestion? (I'll try any loader)

Loaders Tried (FAILED)
-NeoGamma R6,R7, R8
-USBLoader GX
-ULoader
-CoverFloader
-Wiiflow [NOTE: This isn't an official working loader, it DOES show the game, but when you load it, it crashes. It COULD Be a bad ISO so leaving this up here for more testing]

Loaders Tried (WORKED)

-Swiss [The Beta SUPPORTS USB!
biggrin.gif
]

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Gamecube had no USB drives, so when gamecube mode starts the USB ports are shut off.

And, for some reason I cannot grasp(not a programmer), they can't be turned on by hacking...

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Warrior522 said:
Rydian said:
Gamecube had no USB drives, so when gamecube mode starts the USB ports are shut off.

And, for some reason I cannot grasp(not a programmer), they can't be turned on by hacking...
Perhaps a little dirty talk to those USB ports would turn them on (like I'm gonna shove this cable in your slot so hard!). I guess I'm just old fashioned.
wink.gif

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JoostinOnline said:
Warrior522 said:
Rydian said:

Perhaps a little dirty talk to those USB ports would turn them on (like I'm gonna shove this cable in your slot so hard!). I guess I'm just old fashioned.
wink.gif

Nah.. I do this all the time when I change my hdds, but it is possible that I'm too rough

Warrior522

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
They can, but it'd take a butt-ton of work on stuff that nobody really knows about because Nintendo didn't release proper info about it (they have no reason to still).

Soo... It's not that it's impossible, it's just that no one can be damned as it's extremely hard?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Warrior522 said:
Rydian said:
They can, but it'd take a butt-ton of work on stuff that nobody really knows about because Nintendo didn't release proper info about it (they have no reason to still).

Soo... It's not that it's impossible, it's just that no one can be damned as it's extremely hard?Yar, this.
QUOTE(Slyakin @ May 30 2011, 08:48 PM)
What ever happened to DIOS MIOS? I thought that made some progress into this.

The author actually got a proof-of-concept that worked (I think it only loaded 203 games) and then gave up.
http://gbatemp.net/t264872-dios-mios-released

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Long story in short: With dios-mios you can launch a gc game thats on an usb-device, but then the game hasn't the right memory access

Warrior522

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OverjoY said:
Long story in short: With dios-mios you can launch a gc game thats on an usb-device, but then the game hasn't the right memory access

Soo... It's definately possible... but no one will do it due to the magnitude of the project...

...that sucks.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Slyakin said:
Dammit, I sometimes wish that I can find places to learn how to do this... I have WAY too much free time nowadays.
Well if Project Cafe is announced at E3, I'd say the Wii only has a little over a year left. I'm also guessing that GC support will die with the Wii.

Nope, think about it. If Cafe has backward compatability with Wii games, (which it absolutely should, and I'd be shocked if it didn't), then that would mean it would have to support the control methods for all wii games. And as I'm sure you're aware many wii games offer support of gamecube controllers (Brawl, Mario Kart, Sonic Unleashed, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, etc. etc.). So, if the new system will have slots for GC controllers, it would only make sense to include gamecube compatibility at that point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y