Hacking Gamecube games both legit and back ups bring up error

harrybuttox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting a black error screen asking me to read my operations manual. I used my BootMii back up and still receive this error. I have tried uninstalling CMIOS also. Any suggestions?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you install a normal MIOS after uninstalling the cMIOS? If you don't have a MIOS or its corrupt, no GC stuff will run. Get a new MIOS with NUS Downloader and install with WAD Manager.

harrybuttox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
Did you install a normal MIOS after uninstalling the cMIOS? If you don't have a MIOS or its corrupt, no GC stuff will run. Get a new MIOS with NUS Downloader and install with WAD Manager.
Did not work. I did exactly what you told me. I'm gonna try downgrading my firmware

Getting in WAD manager (ret = -1017)

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have CIOS 249 installed correct? make sure you have the leatest version then run Wiigators mios patcher for GCBackup launcher v0.2 using MIOS v4 as a base. this should install a prooper patched mios for you and restore you GC compatability. if not make sure your wii titles are playing. If wii titles play fine then you will want to disable any system menu hacks you have on. such as preloader hacks or startpatch hacks. If that doesn't fix it then try updating to 4.2 through the update option in the settings menu and see if your original GC titles will work. If they don't work your wii is broked......

harrybuttox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Guardian said:
You have CIOS 249 installed correct? make sure you have the leatest version then run Wiigators mios patcher for GCBackup launcher v0.2 using MIOS v4 as a base. this should install a prooper patched mios for you and restore you GC compatability. if not make sure your wii titles are playing. If wii titles play fine then you will want to disable any system menu hacks you have on. such as preloader hacks or startpatch hacks. If that doesn't fix it then try updating to 4.2 through the update option in the settings menu and see if your original GC titles will work. If they don't work your wii is broked......
if it is broke. Does Nintendo take kindly to hacked systems?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No they don't...... Although if it's reading wii games and not GC games it's a software problem not hardware so I doubt that the system needs repair.

harrybuttox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Guardian said:
No they don't...... Although if it's reading wii games and not GC games it's a software problem not hardware so I doubt that the system needs repair.
yea its reading Wii games no problem

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do you have cIOSCORP v3.3 installed?

If so, that's why. v3.3 had a bug that killed GC disks. To fix it, uninstall v3.3 and install v3.6.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone