migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
edit: problem solved, i bought some dvd-r and it works with no problem

i am trying to load a backup trough swiss, the first time it got stuck forever in "possible backup applying patches 75%" I turned it off, tried again now it fails and says it fails to mount the drive..
do i need something special aside from burning in imgburn at lowest speed?

info:
i just got the gamecube like yesterday
i am running swiss trough pokemon colloseum pokeload, in my official 256 memory card
it's the only official game i currently own, game works fine and swiss loads fine
it's a pal gamecube first model
i bought a dvd-rw from a local store to try it, burned at lowest speed and imgburn verifies correctly the iso (this is the same iso that works in my wii which is also md5 checked against redump)

Last edited by migles,

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RWs generally don't work. Gamecube is also incredibly fussy and you will more than likely need to pot tweak to get it to read burnt media.

migles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
RWs generally don't work. Gamecube is also incredibly fussy and you will more than likely need to pot tweak to get it to read burnt media.
problem solved, i bought some dvd-r and it works with no problem
yeah i guess dvd-rw either need the lazer tweak or only a few brands work...

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

problem solved, i bought some dvd-r and it works with no problem
yeah i guess dvd-rw either need the lazer tweak or only a few brands work...
If you ever need more discs...

I use these, if you burn lots of games they're worth the investment imo.
But I can't guarantee they'll work on a PAL gamecube. They should.
(Make sure to burn at 4x, no lower or higher, otherwise they don't work in my experience.)

migles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
If you ever need more discs...

I use these, if you burn lots of games they're worth the investment imo.
But I can't guarantee they'll work on a PAL gamecube. They should.
(Make sure to burn at 4x, no lower or higher, otherwise they don't work in my experience.)
i got some memorex ones, they all work nice, didn't mattered the speed i tried them. work both in the gamecube and wii instantly. seemed really nice quality
i got a 10 pak didn't spent them all yet, it was a "kit" with a nice carrying bag and even a pen (that did come dried lol i had to put some alcohol in it)
10 was enough, i might just get 1 more pak of theese just to burn random crap and throw stuff into the gamecube lol
thanks for the tip btw!(btw that listing in amazon for me: Price: $26.99 + $26.27 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit)
the gamecube main use will be gameboy player, and some tinkle with it, i will use my wii with the hdd for most games. i burned some of the favorites like the zeldas and mario sunshine but thats it

Reactions: Deleted User

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i got some memorex ones, they all work nice, didn't mattered the speed i tried them. work both in the gamecube and wii instantly. seemed really nice quality
i got a 10 pak didn't spent them all yet, it was a "kit" with a nice carrying bag and even a pen (that did come dried lol i had to put some alcohol in it)
10 was enough, i might just get 1 more pak of theese just to burn random crap and throw stuff into the gamecube lol
thanks for the tip btw!(btw that listing in amazon for me: Price: $26.99 + $26.27 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit)
the gamecube main use will be gameboy player, and some tinkle with it, i will use my wii with the hdd for most games. i burned some of the favorites like the zeldas and mario sunshine but thats it
Heh, I have a mini-CD/DVD carrying pouch from Memorex too. Got it in a pack with some cleaning wipes, a marker and a single mini-DVD. I just came across it by accident and had been looking for a pouch to hold my GC games, so it was perfect. I guess they're one of the few that make mini-CD/DVD sized pouches, since I have never come across any other than that one time.

migles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Heh, I have a mini-CD/DVD carrying pouch from Memorex too. Got it in a pack with some cleaning wipes, a marker and a single mini-DVD. I just came across it by accident and had been looking for a pouch to hold my GC games, so it was perfect. I guess they're one of the few that make mini-CD/DVD sized pouches, since I have never come across any other than that one time.
yeah it was nice that i got that mini disc pouche thing, using to store both the real games and burned games really handy
weirdly i didn't get a cleaning fabric but whatever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.