Hardware GameCube controllers now compatible with Switch via Mayflash GC Adapter!

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 10,147
  • Replies 76
  • Likes 4
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I wonder if DualShock4's will ever be "supported". Or you know, work with the Switch.
I wonder if there's any way to use the Wii Classic Controllers on the Switch. I'd love to use the SNES upcoming controller on it. :)

t_jay17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the mayflash usb to wii classic controller adapter will work with the switch letting me use my wii classic controller?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Does anyone know if the mayflash usb to wii classic controller adapter will work with the switch letting me use my wii classic controller?
That just might work but I don't have that adapter, if someone does have it and could test it then it'd be worth getting it for sure.

Retrovkit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I tried this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wii-Classi...6147&sr=8-5&keywords=mayflash+classic+adapter on the latest firmware and nothing worked. Same for my N64 adapter by Mayflash. The Pokken controller worked with the USB port I used to test the other adapters, so there's no problem with those.
Have you possibly tried any other drivers listed on Mayflash's website? It might work with one of those. The driver that makes the Mayflash GameCube isn't the latest but one from 2016 so it just may work.

If you could confirm if it works at all I'd get one because I'd love to use the SNES controller on the Switch. :)

Retrovkit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Have you possibly tried any other drivers listed on Mayflash's website? It might work with one of those. The driver that makes the Mayflash GameCube isn't the latest but one from 2016 so it just may work.

If you could confirm if it works at all I'd get one because I'd love to use the SNES controller on the Switch. :)

Ok at this point I've experimented with just about anything, also different downloads from their page and stuff. No can do. I don't think it's happening quite now, but on a more positive note I'd be shocked if no one jumped on-board and made their own adapters for the Switch. It's very popular right now after all.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Ok at this point I've experimented with just about anything, also different downloads from their page and stuff. No can do. I don't think it's happening quite now, but on a more positive note I'd be shocked if no one jumped on-board and made their own adapters for the Switch. It's very popular right now after all.
Thank you so much for taking your time to test every possible way. Here's hoping Mayflash or someone else make an adapter for Wii Classic Controllers on the Switch.

Reactions: Retrovkit

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico

W012
GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U & PC USB
May.12, 2016

I used that one Here so I could use the gamecube adapter as a switch pro controller (as in pokken controller mode, pressing START+A+Z for 3 secs)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
W012
GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U & PC USB
May.12, 2016

I used that one Here so I could use the gamecube adapter as a switch pro controller (as in pokken controller mode, pressing START+A+Z for 3 secs)
I used that driver too to update the Mayflash adapter to work on the Switch, it works perfectly with games that emulate d-pads as analogue sticks but analogue stick-only games can't.. at least for now.

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I used that driver too to update the Mayflash adapter to work on the Switch, it works perfectly with games that emulate d-pads as analogue sticks but analogue stick-only games can't.. at least for now.
Opps, then I don't have the rest of'em, yeah, it sucks that it takes the left stick as an D-PAD.....the irony of the Left joycon.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Hopefully it will be compatible with more than just one game like it was with the Wii u
The Mayflash GameCube adapter is compatible with several games (the controller is recognised as a Pokkén controller), just not officially done by Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021