GCN Gamecube controller, questions about sensivity and dead zones

marchrius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just got a white official gamecube controller, new. Never used GC controllers before. I noticed both sticks have annoying dead zones, for dead zones I mean you tilt the stick in one direction and it doesn't register the input until you tilt it more. The left stick got the biggest dead zones:

~5% up
~20% down
~5% right
~8% left

Is that normal for GC controllers? Got two wii U pro controllers and they're perfectly fine, very little symmetrical dead zones on both sticks.

capz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just got a white official gamecube controller, new. Never used GC controllers before. I noticed both sticks have annoying dead zones, for dead zones I mean you tilt the stick in one direction and it doesn't register the input until you tilt it more. The left stick got the biggest dead zones:

~5% up
~20% down
~5% right
~8% left

Is that normal for GC controllers? Got two wii U pro controllers and they're perfectly fine, very little symmetrical dead zones on both sticks.
20% for down seems quite a lot for a new controller, but almost all controllers i've seen have some dead zone to them. Do you have the smash version white controller, or an unused matte or pearl white model?

Reactions: marchrius

marchrius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It was the smash one, but got similar issues with another controller, a white one from the Wii era, sold in Japan.

I ended up selling both and buying an indigo/clear controller, new. Very little dead zones on this one. Out of three controllers, the best one is the one manufactured during the GC era, better than the more recent ones. It may be just bad luck, however..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)