Hacking gamecube controller in Wii menu without Priiloader

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
downloaded Priiloader from wiibrew.org. The downloaded version is 0.7.So he installed Priiloader using MMM. Then after it installed it said about STACK DUMP. So he turned off his Wii then nothing shows up on the screen. Then I told him about my uncle that fixes Wii who also fixed my Wii. He said that some versions of Priiloader can brick a Wii.

is prilloader the only softmod that can enable the use of gamecube controller for navigating the wii menu? are there any other alternatives?

is there a way to have homebrew channel automatically launches itself as soon as the Wii console is powered on? (the gamecube controller works in homebrew chanel)

my wiimote is acting very jittery and would also occasionally become non-functional, so navigating the wii menu with gamecube controller is absolutely necessary for me.

thanks!

Last edited by blueagent004,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
is prilloader the only softmod that can enable the use of gamecube controller for navigating the wii menu? are there any other alternatives?
As far as I know, there is nothing that allows using GC controllers in Wii Menu (except for a GC to Classic adapter, which obviously makes it not a GC controller anymore as far as the console knows)

is there a way to have homebrew channel automatically launches itself as soon as the Wii console is powered on?
Yes... with priiloader!
(It can also allow you to select and boot an installed channel)

Reactions: blueagent004

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
UPDATE:

my wiimote is barely working, i think i'm going to install priiloader while i still can, before the wiimote stops working completely.

Priiloader have tendency to brick Wii. Especially when You are impatient and do some irresponsible stuff like power cycle or reset during process.

do i have to have the correct verison of cIOS and DiosMios before installing prilloader? (the prilloader installation guide did not mention this though i'm worried about bricking my wii console accidentally)

Last edited by blueagent004,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
do i have to have the correct verison of cIOS and DiosMios before installing prilloader? (the prilloader installation guide did not mention this though i'm worried about bricking my wii console accidentally)
No, the Priiloader installer only needs a working IOS and AHBPROT (which you have, if you're running it direct from HBC) and Priiloader itself only needs a working Wii Menu IOS (which you obviously should already have!)

Reactions: blueagent004

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm