Gamecube controller converter and DIOS MIOS

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gnarlynick, Mar 31, 2014.

1. gnarlynick
    OP

gnarlynick Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Hello, I was browsing around Amazon and found this which essentially allows you to plug a Gamecube controller into a Wii remote much like a nunchuck or classic controller. I have one of the newer Wii's without Gamecube controller ports and am curious. If I install Dios Mios and run Gamecube ROMs from there, will it see the Gamecube controller as a Gamecube controller or will this read as a classic controller and I won't be able to play Gamecube games in that sense?

2. portugeek

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    Dios Mios acts like the official Mios in the sense that it switches the Wii from Wii mode into GameCube mode. This means that all of the Wii Remotes are going to shutoff, effectively also shutting off anything that's plugged into them.

The only way to keep the Wii remote active during GameCube play, would be to use Devolution r200. Although, you would then need the actual GameCube discs for the one-time verification. And I have no idea if your Wii is going to actually recognizes GameCube discs. I want to say that it does.

If you run a syscheck and it shows that you have a BC and a MIOS installed, then I'd assume that it would still recognize GameCube discs.

3. gnarlynick
    OP

gnarlynick Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Thanks, I had my doubts about it. I was just looking for a reason to put my Gamecube into storage and free up space on the entertainment center but I guess it will stay out for now.

4. AwesomeMarioFan

AwesomeMarioFan RiiConnect24 Dev

Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    You can also use Nintendon't with that and create a controller.ini configuration (Which I can help with), however the compatibility list is currently not looking good from what I remember.