Gamecube controller confusion

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Aussielad, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Aussielad
    OP

Aussielad Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2015
    So ì would like to be able to play gamecube back ups from an external drive on my wii u, and i understand you need a gamecube controller and a device that you plug the cable into which would connect to the wii u via usb. I dont want second hand controllers or the cheap knock offs on ebay because i assume they will break easy. When i was in my local gamestore they had what looked like genuine GC controllers for the wii u, but the picture on the back of the box appears to show connecting the gamecube cable directly into a wiimote. My question is will that still work with homebrew GC backups, or would it only be useful for wii/wii u games that support GC controllers. Thanks

2. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    assume the GC to wii controllers behave and are compatible the same way the classic/classic pro is compatible

3. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    ...AKA, no analog triggers.

Honestly? You might be best suited getting a genuine Smash Edition Gamecube controller from Amazon or somewhere. I haven't really been able to find a decent quality cheaper option.

4. 03bgood
    This message by 03bgood has been removed from public view by Minox, Nov 3, 2015, Reason: Offtopic.
    Nov 3, 2015
  5. hippy dave
    This message by hippy dave has been removed from public view by Minox, Nov 3, 2015, Reason: Response to deleted post.
    Nov 3, 2015
  6. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    I have the following controllers...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

They work perfectly fine with Nintendont and GameCube backups. the only thing that sucks is the lack of Analog Triggers and built in rumble. With that said, you can simply use the Wii Remote's rumble and tie the remote to your controller. I love my PDP fight pads and hope Nintendo keeps these suckers around for at lease another Nintendo generation!

Sick Wario likes this.