Gamecube Backups on Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by MadScientist87, Sep 11, 2019.

1. toxic9

toxic9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 13, 2016
    What about gamecube games?

2. Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Washington State
    Repetition and using manual mode for better drift controls. I'm not in any way a "pro" at MK though :rofl:

If I can offer a suggestion, I'd say to try USB Loader GX instead of Wiiflow, if you haven't already. I personally find USBLGX to be the better of the two, but that's just my preference. (And actually, you can have more than just Wii and GCN games displayed in it, too.)
    Second partition formatted as FAT32, works just fine.

3. MadScientist87
    OP

MadScientist87 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2019
    United States
    Just the same, I think she'd enjoy the GUI more. I appreciate the info though. I always look to have the most complete understanding of a concept that I can.

4. toxic9

Dec 13, 2016
    What cIOS are you using for ntfs support?
    And what loader?

5. MadScientist87
    OP

MadScientist87 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2019
    United States
    I haven't fooled with GX very much, honestly, but I have it. My backup of Wii Sports Resort will only run on GX, not Wiiflow. But at the moment I run about 6 different emulators. You're telling me I can consolodate using GX?

Last edited by MadScientist87, Sep 11, 2019
  6. toxic9

Dec 13, 2016
    I have both configured. Usb loader gx sometimes freeze on loading hdd.
    The problem with sports resort is just a bad setup. It works fine on wiiflow.

7. MadScientist87
    OP

MadScientist87 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2019
    United States
    Don't happen to have the right setup handy, do you?

What other games will GX run though?

8. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2005
    United States

Well, to that end, you should at least familiarize yourself with launching GC ISOs directly from Nintendont. Because if you're having trouble getting it to work in the USB Loader, then ruling out basic functioning of Nintendont would be the first thing you want to check off the list.

MadScientist87 likes this.
  9. Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Washington State
    USBLGX (r1272) is my frontend. It loads 58 initially, then switches to 249. cIOS is d2x v10beta52 base56.
    Yes. If you have any emulators in the apps folder, you can get what are called "forwarder channel" installers. They basically work a bit like a desktop shortcut in Windows. Make sure you have some kind of brick protection before messing with forwarders, though, as bad ones can result in a permanent brick if you don't have a way to reverse it. A properly set up Wii should be fine, though, or at least be correctable.

EDIT: Sharing a picture of my Wii's home screen as an example.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by Arecaidian Fox, Sep 12, 2019