Hacking gamecube backup on wii help??????????

john25usa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i tried running a backup of zelda four sword adventuers on my pal wii with a pal iso which i ripped myself using wiifttp dumper it is the correct size 1,459,978,240 bytes, but for some reason the game wont boot. it says the nintendo gamecube logo on my wii as usual but when i press start the screen just goes black. i burnt it 4 times using different settings and burn speeds with imgburn i tried it with burn proof both on and off and im using verbatim dvd-r dvd's with a maximum burn speed of 16x. my cd/dvd drive is a lightscribe. any help would be greatly appreciated.

sorry for my long sentences and crappy english

EDIT
forgot to say im using firmware 3.2E and wiikey 1.0 with firmware 1.9b i only got it chipped a week agoand this is the first iso ive tried

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a total noob, and I have been searching the net for this answer.

Right now the only way to play Gamecube Backups on Wii is to have a modchip? Right!?
Could the Backloader by used or converted in the future to play Gamecube backups.

kakarotto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Luigi728 said:
Hee, LagunaCid, its al nice and so.
But my spanish isn't so good.
Do you have a english site too?

i've translated it in italian (nextrl.it) and in english ( tehskeen)

if u want, i'll post it here

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's a quick translation. Refer back to the original article for the links to the programs and the compatibility lists.

Necessary materials:

- A Wii capable of running homebrew

- A Gamecube Controller

- An SD card (2GB recommended)

- An SD Gecko Adapter

- An original Gamecube game

Necessary Software:

- RVL-mine-v5.wad.out.wad, it is included in the discs of several games. You can use the Wufe application to extract it.

- Homebrew Channel by Team Twiizers

- Wii Gamecube Homebrew Launcher 0.2 by Mega Man.

- SD-Boot 0.4 b8 by Emu_kidid

- An image of Gamecube game in either ISO or GCM format

Utilities:

- GCMUtility 0.5 - > to reduce the space used by the images, and fit more on the SD card

- Pre-Patcher v2 - > to patch the images, allowing some originally incompatible games to work (included in SD-Boot v0.4).

Procedure:

1. - Copy to the SD card you will use:

In the root:
- The file RVL-mine-v5.wad.out.wad
- The file sd-boot-0.4b8-B.dol (included in SD-Boot 0.4 b8) and rename it to start.dol

In the apps folder:
- The folders GCBooterHomebrew and MIOSPatchingWADInstaller included in the Wii Gamecube Homebrew Launcher 0.2. These folders are ready to use via the Homebrew Channel.

ATTENTION: If you have problems with the image, and the SD-Boot and the games are in black and white, use this version of GCBooterHomebrew that solves the problem.

2. - In the SD card that you are going to use in the SD Gecko, do the following thing (if you're only going to use one card, you should do it in that one):

- Create a folder in the root called “GCGAMES”.
- Copy the Gamecube images (ISO or GCM format) to the GCGAMES folder.

3. - Remove the memory cards and SD-Gecko that you may have plugged in.

4. - Insert the original Gamecube disc.

5. - Go to the Homebrew Channel and execute MIOSPatchingWADInstaller, a screen will come out saying to press A to install and B to uninstall. Press A. You'll return to the homebrew channel.

6. - Execute GCBooterHomebrew (in the banner it'll say GCBoot), this will start SD-Boot 0.4 b8, and a message will appear telling you to put the SD-Gecko in Slot B and to push A.

7. - At this point put the SD-Gecko with the 2nd SD card (if you have two), or take out the SD card from the Wii's SD slot and put it in the SD Gecko in the 2nd Gamecube memory card slot, and press A.

8. - If everything is right, your games that are in the GCGAMES folder will be displayed. You will have to select which one you want to load, choose the options in the "Settings", and run it.

F.A.Q.:
Q. The games I like don't work
A. Check the compatibility lists in the tutorial, and more importantly, help improve them.

Q. When I execute GCBooter it comes out black and white
A. Use THIS version of GCBooterHomebrew that solves the problem (Patcher by TheFireRed)

Q. When I try to load an application in HBC it stays at 0% and does nothing
A. Remove the Gamecube memory cards and SD Gecko from your Gamecube memory slots.

Q. In the list, it says a game works but I can't get it to load.
A. The compatibility between the Wii and Gamecube is different.

john25usa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zeek03 said:
Try another ISO? I want to see results.
i tried a copy of ssbm with burn protection off i didnt boot either and sorry for taking so long to reply ive been busy with schoolwork for the past few days

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes I have to agree with mercluke as GCOS can actually force the game to load by editing the output display. That may be totally wrong (probably is) but I have found that it can boot troublesome games such as F-Zero GX.

john25usa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Edgedancer said:
Yes I have to agree with mercluke as GCOS can actually force the game to load by editing the output display. That may be totally wrong (probably is) but I have found that it can boot troublesome games such as F-Zero GX.
after my net being down for about 2 weeks i finally got to read these messages and try out gcos it works perfectly for ssbm and i havnt tried other games yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkwLviMVR9E