Hacking Gamecube Backup Launcher Channel

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have one compiled for 0.3? All I can find is 0.2 channels.
frown.gif

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalSquirrel said:
Sure, I'd like to see it... Wait, you can load GC from USB? SHOW MEE!!!
biggrin.gif

No no. I mean the forwarder. My forwarder channel will first try to load a config file from SD, if it is not there it will try USB. If no configuration is found, it will try from a preset location on SD, and if it's not there it will try USB.

So, no. No gamecube from USB, just the forwarder loading the gamecube launcher's .dol from there.

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
DigitalSquirrel said:
Sure, I'd like to see it... Wait, you can load GC from USB? SHOW MEE!!!
biggrin.gif

No no. I mean the forwarder. My forwarder channel will first try to load a config file from SD, if it is not there it will try USB. If no configuration is found, it will try from a preset location on SD, and if it's not there it will try USB.

So, no. No gamecube from USB, just the forwarder loading the gamecube launcher's .dol from there.

Thats all fine as long as it uses the loader 0.3 ver.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It runs whatever is in,

SD:\apps\rungcbackup\boot.dol
or
USB:\apps\rungcbackup\boot.dol

SO if it's named that, it should be fine.

If you use SD, you may as well get the channel from TroyTheZombie's one. But if you want it to load the dol from usb, I'd need to ask him if he's ok with me giving it out since it uses his animations.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
what?

wait, your using my channel?

lol, its ok by me, as long as its my most up to date one. (I updated all my channels Today, they look WAYYYY better)

also, where the heck did you get that forwarder dol? If possible, I'd love to implement them into my channels.

If you made it, mind making me a few more?

Or even better yet, teach me how to? (that way as soon as a channel gets done, it will have a USB forwarder inside)

Everything I've ever tried to compile with devkit pro has failed.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
what?

wait, your using my channel?

lol, its ok by me, as long as its my most up to date one. (I updated all my channels Today, they look WAYYYY better)

also, where the heck did you get that forwarder dol? If possible, I'd love to implement them into my channels.

Well, I used your wads for the animation and all that, yeah. The only thing I did was put in my forwarder dol. (I haven't got the latest though, I'll probably end up remaking them since you updated the animations.)

And I obtained the source code for the forwarder from some topic on the wadder forums. I simply edited the source code and recompiled it for each channel, testing in the homebrew channel, then making channels out of them when it worked.

I'll give you them if you'd like to use them, but I will warn you that I have not tested them on SDHC as I only have SD available for testing.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lol, who cares, they are USB compatible! I've been waiting for that for a while.

But If possible, and you have a few minutes, I'd love to learn how to compile them myself, that way as I make new channels I can put the forwarder dols together myself.

I'd credit you of course, and who ever originally made the code for it.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
lol, who cares, they are USB compatible! I've been waiting for that for a while.

But If possible, and you have a few minutes, I'd love to learn how to compile them myself, that way as I make new channels I can put the forwarder dols together myself.

I'd credit you of course, and who ever originally made the code for it.

Alright, I'll help you as I can.

http://wadder.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1441
^There is the source code for the forwarder.

And you'll want to get devkitpro. You'll need to install devkitppc for Wii compatibility. Since I mess with an assortment of modded consoles, I just install the whole thing.

http://www.devkitpro.org/

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have devkit pro installed, along with the newest libogc.

Now, sorry if this sounds stupid, but, where is the download for the source?

Sorry, I'm kinda new to Devkitpro/compiling.

EDIT: Doh, I'm blind, lol. Got it now.

Now, where do I extract it to?

EDIT: NVM, figured it out.

Now I just have to test it. Here's hoping I didn't fuck up!
grog.gif

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
I have devkit pro installed, along with the newest libogc.

Now, sorry if this sounds stupid, but, where is the download for the source?

Sorry, I'm kinda new to Devkitpro/compiling.

EDIT: Doh, I'm blind, lol. Got it now.

Now, where do I extract it to?

Well, first make sure you extracted it's libogc archive to your devkitpro directory, otherwise it won't compile.

Now, for some reason the program is picky and needs to be put in a specific folder. So unpack it in, "C:\Download\USB_Forwarder_v2" Not the folder itself, but all of the things inside like binaries, source, etc.

Then, open the SD_USB_Forwarder.pnproj in Programmer's Notepad. Then, unexpand the source folder, then double click main.cpp. This is the only thing you have to modify. You will see various SD/USB and other directories there, and they will be colored purple in Programmer's Notepad. All you have to do is change it to what it's suppose to be, save it, then go to tools, and select make. It will produce a boot.dol and a boot.elf. The boot.dol can be put into a wad. I would first test it on the homebrew channel first to make sure it functions properly though, before putting it into a channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them