GamebyGame?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Mana94, Aug 10, 2009.

Aug 10, 2009

GamebyGame? by Mana94 at 6:07 PM (1,681 Views / 0 Likes) 25 replies

1. Mana94
    OP

Member Mana94 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I ordered from Dealextreme and I am thinking about cancelling my order. It's been 6 days and still isn't even
    packaged. Before dealwoot changed their name to Gamebygame I bought an R4 and it toook 2 days(GOOD service!)

Is GamebyGame still good and fast even after the change? If so, I am DEFINATELY cancelling.

2. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    I ordered a SuperCard Lite from Deal Extreme and it took 3 weeks and 2 customer service inquiries before it even got shipped. It's been a week since it said it was shipped, and I'm still waiting.

After I ordered, the tracking page said waiting on suppliers for 3 days, then it said orders received for 3 days. It then said "Packaging" for the next week. I sent an email to customer service, and was told they called the warehouse and sped up my order. The next day, the tracking page says "Processing, contact us for details", I ask what is going on, and am told my item isn't in stock, and that I should cancel or change my order. I ask to have my order changed to an EZ Flash 3 in 1, and before they respond, the SuperCard is suddenly in stock, and shipped out. They didn't seem very organized to me.

3. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Yeah, it will definitely be a lot faster for you because it's located in the U.S.
    They still have great service after the name change.

4. Mana94
    OP

United States
    Yeah, thats what I'm saying. They aren't doing anything, it doesn't take 5 days to package something!

5. jphriendly

Member jphriendly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That's just the way it is with DX sometimes. Can be fast to ship one time, can be super slow the next (and to actually get your package). That's why people here suggest that if you are in a hurry, order from a store closer to you. [​IMG]

6. Pastry

Newcomer Pastry Member

United States
    Would anyone suggest GameByGame or Leetmod for a U.S. customer? Or which is better in terms of service? Because I want an AK2i and a 8gb Micro SD, which would be $50.99 on GamebyGame and $43.99 on leetmod.

7. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    gamebygame is great shipping speed, and customer service is above average too

8. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    If you order from DX, you have to be prepared to wait up to a month for the item to arrive. If you're not patient enough, then don't order from them, simple as that.

9. jphriendly

Member jphriendly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    While I have never ordered from GamebyGame personally, seems people here have nothing but good things to say about them. I usually purchase my items from RealHotStuff and I have never had any problems. Great customer support and you usually get your items in 2 days (3 max) if you are in the US.

10. Mana94
    OP

United States
    Ok I cancelled mine!
    Game by game is in new york. So it usually gets here in 2-3 days(on free shipping!)
    Dealextreme has a great system for communicating with staff/suppliers. But they are TOOO slow.

When I cancelled it was like "Email will be sent within Aug 24 for you to get your money back".
    What do they mean August 24!? It better be this week! XD

11. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Gamebygame is located in Los Angeles, CA. If you live in the East coast, then you should buy from RealHotStuff instead, since it's located in New Jersey. As far as prices, speed, and customer service, the two stores are basically the same.
    It's usually West Coast - Buy from GamebyGame, East Coast - Buy from RealHotStuff.

It really doesn't matter though, it'll probably only save you one day of shipping at the most.

12. Pastry

Newcomer Pastry Member

United States
    I pretty much live in the exact middle of the states, so I think I'm just going to order from GameByGame due to all of the good reviews. Hopefully it'll be here by Friday if I order today.

13. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    If you live in the middle of the US approximately then you should get it about Wednesday I would say because I live in Virginia and ordered on Monday and got it on Friday so it should be quicker for you.

14. Mana94
    OP

United States
    Really?
    I live in the bottom of the US and got my R4 in 2-3 days. I think it was 2 days but I'm not sure.

15. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    Impatient people!
    I don't mind waiting a few weeks if I know I am saving quite a bit of money -- [​IMG]

16. Pastry

Newcomer Pastry Member

United States
    Alright, thanks. Just ordered from GameByGame, I'll report back when I get it in. [​IMG]

17. cngamemart

Banned cngamemart Banned

China
    there are lots of choices you could choose,like gamezway [​IMG]

18. Mana94
    OP

United States
    Lol, I am not impatient. But 5 days and they haven't packaged or even notified me is a bit too much.
    I could run one of those back alley cheap companies and still get it done faster! XD

19. VSR

Newcomer VSR Member

United States
    I recently bought a CycloDS Evolution + 2GB MicroSD from GameByGame with free shipping and got my order in 3 days, when I was expecting it to be about 5 days. [​IMG]

20. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Yet you willingly chose to order from the store in the first place, when everything everyone has ever said about DX is that "it's cheap but slow." If you couldn't handle it being slow, why did you order from them at all?