Gamearts Developing Ragnarok For Vita

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by prowler, Sep 7, 2011.

1. prowler
    OP

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    [​IMG]
    Famitsu promised nine PlayStation Vita games (some possibly new) for this week's issue. Here's one of them: Ragnarok Odyssey.

GungHo is developing a new game based off the Ragnarok franchise, and they've signed Gamearts, of Silpheed, Grandia and Lunar fame, as developer!

Preliminary details indicate that the game may have some Monster Hunterish concepts. Four players will team up for quests and battle with massive foes. The game includes such jobs as Sword Warrior, Assassin, Hunter, Mage, Hammer Smith and Cleric.[/p]It looks like PlayStation Vita may get Monster Hunter clones before it gets Monster Hunter. Famitsu's reveal report today on Ragnarok Odyssey lists the game's genre as "Hunting Action."

As detailed earlier, Ragnarok Odyssey is being developed by Gamearts. The game features world elements from Ragnarok Online, including enemies that should be familiar to players of the online hit.

Some of the beasts in Ragnarok Odyssey are huge. One example is the Hrungnir, whose head alone is the height of a person. The game has a variety of creatures, including orcs, fire wielding beasts and chained demons.

You'll have a powerful arsenal to deal with these foes. In addition to high speed attacks and air-based attacks, you can team up with your fellow multiplayer combatants for team attacks.

Like all good Monster Hunter clones, Ragnarok Odyssey will offer four player simultaneous play. It's unclear if this is done local play or if Wi-Fi and 3G are also possible.

The game is quest-based. Clear a quest, and you earn rewards and gain access to new quests an areas where new monsters await.

Your player characters are of particular jobs, which give them unique abilities in battle.[/p]Source 1 & 2

sounds cool but the one Monster Hunter 'clone' I'm most looking forward to getting announced (even more than Monster Hunter) is God Eater 2

2. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    Sounds really good, can't wait for more info.

3. SamAsh07

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Jan 27, 2009
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Bahrain
    O_O Must....get...this....game

4. DarkStriker

DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Mar 15, 2009
    Norway
    NIKU!
    If only it isnt the same as the one on DS. I would play it on PC if it was lol. However if it is like Ragnarok 2 then hell come give it to papa! Well knowing if it is ragnarok 1 graphics, then most likely the multiplayer will be like that. So expect Twin Age like gaming where u simply press a button and it hits it until it dies.

5. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I found this scan from Kotaku:

[​IMG]

Image in the upper left, remind you of something?

Warning: Spoilers inside!

6. prowler
    OP

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    Reminds me more of
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

7. Anakir

Anakir Project: Melee

Dec 20, 2006
    Canada
    Canada.
    Sounds amazing. I played ragnarok throughout my high school year. Can't wait for a trailer of this game

8. clegion

clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 5, 2009
    United States
    OH GOD, if this even got imported(or I manage to learn japanesse) consider the Vita sold to me, the line up is looking all time good