Khar00f

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good day everyone,

I have a little situation I'd appreciate your input on,

I installed a game and then went to use the cheats for it but the BuildID didn't match as it required an update. So I updated via WiFi from Nintendo's official servers. Turns out that update was too recent as it wasn't the same BuildID either.

I deleted the game and re-installed and acquired the right update via nsp and installed it.

Except now when I try and run the game it says and update is required and won't let me start without the latest update.

My guess is there's a flag somewhere that says that this game is supposed to run on a later version (because of the update that Installed from the servers).

I tried deleting the ticket using Blawar's tinfoil but that didn't work, still nags for the update.

I found a similar thread to mine where some someone suggests: "You can use devmenu to reset the RequiredVersion for that game if you're okay with playing an outdated version."

In this thread but I didn't want to revive a two m ok months old thread in case it was inapropriate

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-forcing-game-updates-on-backups-on-sx.515056/

Is there another tool than DevMenu I can use to do what's suggested above? As I'm on 6.1.0 and DevMenu doesn't work on that firmware?

Thank you helping out,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Probably not. And you'd have to wait for a devmenu update at this point (or go through the hassle of downgrading, if you made sure that fuses werent burned while updating), would be my guess. :) But excellent problem description. And I agree with the conclusion you've come to. :)

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1