ROM Hack Game Saves on SXOS

bryanaustin112008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I am fairly new to SXOS and Roms on Switch. I was wondering if someone could tell me how to load game saves on SXOS. I have a Zelda BOTW backup and a 100% save file but I’m not sure where to put the save file to play it. SD card, etc.? Do I need the home brew launcher installed? Any help is greatly appreciated.

D

Deleted User

is there by chance a tutorial on how to do this? I apologize I’m just really new to this and thank you for replying.
Sorry to tell you but you will have to search it up or wait for someone to respond to you. Explaining things to people isn't my thing especially when they are clueless

hrtbrkd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use Edizon pretty easy savefile backup and restore app for homebrew. you can launch it from SX OS by pressing Right Trigger and select the album. It's GUI based too.

bryanaustin112008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use Edizon pretty easy savefile backup and restore app for homebrew. you can launch it from SX OS by pressing Right Trigger and select the album. It's GUI based too.
Use a homebrew app called checkpoint to install the save data
I have tried checkpoint and am trying to load a 100% save file but checkpoint doesn’t find it. Is this an easy program to use or am I just that dumb?

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried checkpoint and am trying to load a 100% save file but checkpoint doesn’t find it. Is this an easy program to use or am I just that dumb?

Explain what you mean by "checkpoint doesn't find it". What is "it" - the save file or the listed game in that given user profile?

D

Deleted User

Launch checkpoint once. After that, connect the SD it the computer, go to /switch/Checkpoint/saves/0x01007EF00011E000 The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

Create a new folder within that last folder and copy and paste down the files into a save point folder such as 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. The files within those folder contain 3 files
  • caption.jpg
  • caption.sav
  • game_data.sav
That is all I can say. You should be able to restore with checkpoints. You can easily just backup your BOTW save and put in the game_data.sav you found online in one of the folders I mentioned to skip creating a new folder

NOTE: I'm terrible at explaining things

bryanaustin112008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Launch checkpoint once. After that, connect the SD it the computer, go to /switch/Checkpoint/saves/0x01007EF00011E000 The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

Create a new folder within that last folder and copy and paste down the files into a save point folder such as 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. The files within those folder contain 3 files
  • caption.jpg
  • caption.sav
  • game_data.sav
That is all I can say. You should be able to restore with checkpoints. You can easily just backup your BOTW save and put in the game_data.sav you found online in one of the folders I mentioned to skip creating a new folder

NOTE: I'm terrible at explaining things
Thank you all for the help. I did put the game_data.sav in the BOTW folder. I’m confused on what to do after I did that to play Zelda with that particular game save. Again thank you all for your responses. I appreciate the help

hrtbrkd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you have your game modified and back into your micro sd card. put it back into the switch and either launch checkpoint or Edizon and do a restore/restore from back up and it should copy it over your current game save located on the nintendo switch. i made that mistake before and forgot to upload the new save i modified into my current running switch save. saves that you have on your switch from checkpoint or Edizon are not automatically loaded. you have to manually load them from those programs. hope it helps.

Reactions: bryanaustin112008

Chipidy

Trophies
Website
www.chipidychipgaming.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hello. I am fairly new to SXOS and Roms on Switch. I was wondering if someone could tell me how to load game saves on SXOS. I have a Zelda BOTW backup and a 100% save file but I’m not sure where to put the save file to play it. SD card, etc.? Do I need the home brew launcher installed? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Checkpoint, install the file - Use the homebrew menu. Works on SX OS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy