Game Recording Homebrew..

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Zaya, Jan 2, 2009.

Jan 2, 2009

Game Recording Homebrew.. by Zaya at 1:50 AM (3,539 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Zaya
    OP

Newcomer Zaya Newbie

United States
    Are there any homebrew that make it so you can record the gameplay directly from your gameboy, and then save them onto your SD card?(using Supercard Ds for example)
    Thanks. [​IMG]

2. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    not sure this is possible because that means you have to run the homebrew & the game at the same time
    which i have never heard of before

3. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It's not powerful enough to run both. Hell, I think running in-game cheats or real time save etc. makes it go slower. Hell, even the PSP which is way powerful, it can't do that for it's own games, it can only screenshot.

4. sconethief

Member sconethief GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The psp can actually, It just slows it down [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    But the PSP has an operating system running in the background, so you can run both the screen capture application and the game at the same time. With the DS, as soon as the game is loaded, whatever was previously running gets shut out of memory. Thus, an application like this isn't really feasible.

6. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    The PSP is powerful enough to record gameplay. Dissidia records your battles and save them on your memory card. But we're talking about homebrew, not games..

7. Praetor192

Member Praetor192 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    God, did ANY of you thoroughly read the post? HE SAID GAMEBOY, NOT DS. ffs, learn to read.

While theoretically possible, I don't believe an existing program has been made that can do this.

8. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    Technically it just saves the data. Brawl's replays work the same way. It just saves the inputs done, then plays them back.

You're not going to find this homebrew. The only way you're doing that is running the game through an emulator on your computer and using a screen capture program like Hypercam.

9. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Calm down mate. When a person asks a question in the "NDS - Homebrew Games & Applications" section, one would generally assume that he is referring to NDS. He could have just gotten the terms mixed up.

10. rauthelegendary

Member rauthelegendary GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Almost impossible, unless you could somehow film during the game (which I really doubt), close the game after you're done and then save it to the card.

I think he is either referring to filming a GBA game on DS or filming a DS game. Either way, it's NDS homebrew.

11. Praetor192

Member Praetor192 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    What I got from the OP is that he wanted to record Gameboy footage (presumably from an emulator) on his DS. I don't think that is impossible, as you can already change how the emulator works on the DS.

@edgedancer
    I'm calm...
    The reason it would be in NDS section is because he wants the recording done on a DS.

In any event, whatever the goal or objective may be, the best (and easiest) way to do it would be on a PC.

12. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom

13. codemonke85

Newcomer codemonke85 Member

United States
    Right, but if loading an NDS program wipes everything else out of memory, and the emulator as well as the recorder are separate NDS files, then obviously they wouldn't be able to function together.

Maybe if a Gameboy emulator was fitted with a recording option? I doubt that'll happen.